cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Meter for Dish DPH LNBs

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
My trusty old Acutrac III+ is almost useless with the new Dish DPH LNBs. Solid Signal is my go to source for questions like this but their replacement recommendation (Applied Instruments Modular Test Instrument Base With Turbo S2 Satellite Meter Module) adds up to >$1,000. Thatโ€™s kind of pricey for something Iโ€™ll use once every couple weeks at most.

Anybody have another suggestion?
Larry
10 REPLIES 10

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:
DISH has beeps.
So Op's new setup doesn't have beeps? DTV reinstated beeps about, I'd say a year ago. Was a real pita without them.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
DISH has beeps. My Directv DVR did not have beeps..

With an auto seek dome I donโ€™t need beeps anyway.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Switch to DTV. They have beeps in the receivers. Saves a whole lot of money and hassle.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
ljr wrote:
Big Katuna wrote:
Well, for about $400 you can buy a Winegard Pathway X2 auto align carryout dome.

I regret not getting one sooner. I have a roof top but could rarely use it,

With a dishpointer app to find a hole I set the Pathway out and go inside.

I have a Hopper 3.

Me too & Super Buddy is the go to meter for an H3. There are several SB's on eBay now.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
All my sat and receiver stuff is neatly stored in my entertainment center. Unhooking and re-hooking would get old. If I were gone for weeks to months at a time then yeah. For now we're weekend warriors with the usual several 1-2 week trips scattered throughout the camping season.
I went with the X2 as well for convenience.
With my Dish Pro app and an added hard drive to record I'm all set.

SparkDr
Explorer
Explorer
I too have the Hopper 3 at home and went the X2 / 211z route despite owning a Super Buddy meter. I have no regrets and have never looked back.
May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut up whenever I get too caught up in my own misconceived brilliance.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
So do I; in the house.

I bought a 211z and leave it the coach.

I moved the Hopper and WiFi and a Joey out twice with a tripod and it was unpleasant enough that I went shopping.

I prefer DISH over Directv but found DISH harder to set up and peak all sats.

The signal meter in the Hopper is way slower than Directs and it took an inordinate amount of time to setup.

A meter would be quicker but in the big picture the carryout is so simple and fast and I donโ€™t have to disconnect and reconnect every time I go camping.

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
Big Katuna wrote:
Well, for about $400 you can buy a Winegard Pathway X2 auto align carryout dome.

I have a Hopper 3.
Larry

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II

Fire19
Explorer
Explorer
Look on EBay for a Super Buddy or Supper Buddy 29 they were made by Applied Instruments. They can be found on there from anywhere $200.00 on up and they still are being supported just updated software last week on mine.
2000 Ford F-350 Dually Crew Cab
2002 Gulfstream Seahawk 29FKS
1998 GL1500SE