cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

looking for music app alternative to google play

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Any of you that have an Android phone, know that google decided to get rid of google play and migrate to yahoo music. I have thousands of songs I paid for and yahoo music requires a subscription, not to mention it's just horrible with it's format. What google has done is awful, making me pay to hear music I already own and ads on top of it. Looking for technical advice on how I get my songs off google play and into an app that's just a player. I am NOT tech savvy so no idea how to even approach this. Scoured the web for a solution and couldn't come up with much.

Thanks
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS
21 REPLIES 21

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
I switched to Amazon music after not liking Youtube music. I never had to pay for anything.

I have bought almost all of my digital music from Amazon anyway, so it was very easy. I still liked Google Play Music better than all of them.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use TUNE IN Radio app for my music. Like to get country music and TUNE IN makes alot of choices available... I can also tune in my favorite FM Radio station like KLUR or WFLS no matter where I go...

We may not be talking about the same thing haha...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
x2 Muzio

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I downloaded and use Muzio player which is very highly rated. I like it. I would suggest you download several and try them out and then use the one you like the best and uninstall the rest.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
IB853347201 wrote:
On your PC, go to Google Play, log in, and download your purchased tunes in mp3 format. Copy them to your phone and then play them using the android music app, which is free.

Thanks! I did this and it worked. I have to recreate my playlists but it looks like all the songs are there. Super simple app. It does play ads but it looks like you can close them.

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
I meant Youtube music not Yahoo music. But the question/issue remains the same.

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
On your PC, go to Google Play, log in, and download your purchased tunes in mp3 format. Copy them to your phone and then play them using the android music app, which is free.
2010 Suncruiser