cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Google maps iPad mini vs. iPhone

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
On our iPhone with Google map app I can pick a specific location to get directions from (not just my current location) to another location. I cannot do this on my iPad mini with Google maps. I can only get directions from my current location. I only have Wi-Fi on iPad. I want to be able to get directions from other locations like we can on iPhone. Any suggestions?
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT
9 REPLIES 9

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
wnjj wrote:

You can also type something like this in the map search box:

โ€œSeattle, WA to Portland, ORโ€

THANK YOU !

I didnโ€™t know that
I use google maps a lot and like it.

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mountain Mama wrote:
This is what Iโ€™ve figured out....Put in a destination location. When that comes up then the direction option comes up and then I can change the starting point.

On our phone the direction option is on the first screen. Not as easy on iPad but at least i know now how to do it.

Thatโ€™s what I was saying, get directions first then change the โ€œtoโ€.

You can also type something like this in the map search box:

โ€œSeattle, WA to Portland, ORโ€

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
jjjandrbaker wrote:
Just curious... Why can't you get WiFi on your iphone?

We can... I meant I only have wi fi on iPad... no cellular data option on it.

jjjandrbaker
Explorer
Explorer
Just curious... Why can't you get WiFi on your iphone?
Jim Baker
San Antonio, TX
travel blog and photos

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
This is what Iโ€™ve figured out....Put in a destination location. When that comes up then the direction option comes up and then I can change the starting point.

On our phone the direction option is on the first screen. Not as easy on iPad but at least i know now how to do it.

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
Works just fine on ipad mini.....absolutely no different than any other ipad. Google Maps....put a pin on one of your points.....then in upper left where it says " your location " click the 3 dots to the right and then choose " choose your locaton on map". Drag your map to the new location and you now have two points for Google to provide directions between.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
not sure why thatโ€™s happening. i can get directions between any two points along with bunches of vias on our ipad mini 4.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
wnjj wrote:
Google maps on a regular iPad lets you pick. Iโ€™m not sure why a mini would be any different. I do have to get directions from my current location first, then the left panel pops up. After picking the back arrow, the panel shows from and to with โ€œyour locationโ€ as the starting point but can be changed to a title or place on the map.

Not too easily but I found it. I had to put in destination and do something else.... Iโ€™ve already forgotten what I did! Iโ€™ll play with it again later. Wish it had the direction option at beginning like phone does tho. Thanks!

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Google maps on a regular iPad lets you pick. Iโ€™m not sure why a mini would be any different. I do have to get directions from my current location first, then the left panel pops up. After picking the back arrow, the panel shows from and to with โ€œyour locationโ€ as the starting point but can be changed to a title or place on the map.