cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Explorer keeps going off

MWJones
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased refurburshed Dell 745. From day one I keep getting a message window saying that internet explorer has quit working.
Also getting same message about Windstream -my ISP. This is VERY fusterating. Any help would be appreciated.

PS: I know very little about the workings of computers
M Jones
American and Texan by birth
Christian by the Grace of God
Retired and enjoying Traveling and Camping
Spending part of summers in South Fork, Co
3 REPLIES 3

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
MWJones wrote:
I just purchased refurburshed Dell 745. From day one I keep getting a message window saying that internet explorer has quit working.
Also getting same message about Windstream -my ISP. This is VERY fusterating. Any help would be appreciated.

PS: I know very little about the workings of computers

This model is over 10 yrs old. It came with Windows XP. What windows is on it now? If the IE is not at least 10 it will give many errors as it will have trouble communicating with most websites.
Putting Chrome or Firefox on it may work but it will depend on if the refurb company made sure windows was fully updated.
Those units had 2 big problems when new. The CD drive would quit working because the data cable would come off and the memory modules had a high failure rate.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

busyguy
Explorer
Explorer
I got so tired of Internet explorer saying it stopped I switched to Google Chrome. Much better and faster and no more messages from IE.
Busyguy

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
No real answer but download Firefox. I like it better.