cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DVD Player Recommendations?

Whangler
Explorer II
Explorer II
My 2014 Arctic Fox25r has a Jensen brand dvd player unit that also has am/fm radio, usb port, and supports 8 speakers. The DVD player intermittently freezes while watching something, very annoying. It's a wall mount unit, it connects to the TV on the opposite wall.

In my search for a replacement unit, I'm not finding much besides Jensen brand. I'd like to be able to cast videos from my android phone to it, and use an app to control the unit as well. The existing unit doesn't have any bluetooth function.

Anybody able to recommend an alternative?

Thanks and Happy New Year!
3 REPLIES 3

Hondavalk
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with APT. I bought a Bluray player that I have plugged directly into the TV. If you really want to replace your wall unit you can try here. They are very helpful if you have any questions also.
https://www.crutchfield.com/shopsearch/rv_entertainment_systems.html

APT
Explorer
Explorer
Does the existing unit have an aux input? If so, then I recommend buying a suitable home based DVD/BR player with the features that interest you.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you receive no replies here you might post on other RV forums in their Technology section. Sounds like you want an all in one type player. Can you cast your movies directly from phone to TV as I do and I also cast directly from laptop to TV with and without Google dongle. I have had good luck with Sony and Samsung stand alone players that are only DVD players and not multi functional.

You might try cleaning the laser reader/sensor with caned air for electronics and glass cleaning wipes like those for reading glasses. It might work.

I suspect my comment will bring you your needed replies.