cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish Wally

Dan_Henry
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Hopper 3 with a joey and Dish will not let me have 2 turner receiver with the hopper. So I bought 2 of the wally and have them working was told by Dish that the Externial Hard drive would work with the Wallys with out formatting the HD. Plug in the HD and it wants me to format the drive. The Drive works with the Hopper with out formatting. I was hoping thr the drive would work with both the Hopper and the .Wally so we could watch recorded movies on the Wally.
Any Ideas ??
Dan
4 REPLIES 4

Dan_Henry
Explorer
Explorer
To make things clear about my Dish system. The hopper is for the house and the wallys are for the RV and was hoping i could use 1 Hd in both situations but Dutch reply has put the Ka bush to that. thanks all for your replays

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
The Wally is the newest member of the VIP family, and the VIP's with EHD capability have always required formatting the drive as best I recall. You can move a Wally formatted drive from one Wally to another, but not from a Wally to a Hopper and still have it readable.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

luvlabs
Explorer
Explorer
Hopper 1 and Hopper 2s are three tuner boxes. The Hopper 3 has 16 tuners. What exactly are you having problems with since you can record and watch more channels then you know what to do with?

The Joey is a simple slave box to the Hopper which has all the tuners. With either box, you can watch and record multiple channels. You don't need any other tuners.

The Wally doesn't integrate with the Hopper, it is a standalone unit. So I'm really confused as to what you are trying to do.
2017 Winnebago Navion 24V
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 36GH (sold)
2012 Tiffin Allegro 32CA (traded)
2012 Honda Fit

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Try the DISH Support Forum on Satelliteguys.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs