cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish TV Question

hpdrver
Explorer
Explorer
I just had a hopper 3 installed and Dish Tv installed a new satellite dish on the house for it. I also park my Rv in my garage and have 2 Wally receivers in it. Dish TV installer left the other older dish on roof with one coax coming from it to feed one Wally receiver since the Hopper 3 system would not allow a Wally in it. My question is ; Can I put a splitter on this coax from the old dish so I can feed both Wally receivers in the RV. Thanks
Texas Two Step
2021 Coach House 272XLFR
2020 JL Jeep Wrangler
3 REPLIES 3

hpdrver
Explorer
Explorer
Dish now only charges $5 per each Wally. We go camping frequently so activating and deactivating Wally was a pain. So for $10 a month, I want to leave them active. Ran another coax from Dish. Problem solved. Thanks for the reply.
Texas Two Step
2021 Coach House 272XLFR
2020 JL Jeep Wrangler

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a 2nd antenna completely separate from the antenna being used by your Hopper and Joey's then that antenna should have a dual LNB output (meaning dual receiver capability not 2 LNB's). You can't connect a simple splitter to the single coax coming from the antenna to make 2 Wally's work. The antenna should have the capability to run a 2nd coax from that antenna to the 2nd Wally.

Rover_Bill
Explorer II
Explorer II
According to the Wally User manual, if you have internet service in your home, you can connect the Wally to your router via an ethernet cable or a Wi-Fi connection (optional adapter required) to access your Hopper 3 via the Dish Anywhere app.

Keep in mind that each active Wally connected to your Hopper will cost you a $7 per month service cost.
2015 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 4X4 TowHaul SLE ExtCab Bronze
2016 Keystone Passport GT 2670BH
ReCurve R6 hitch, DirecLink brake controller
2005 Suzuki C50 2006 Suzuki S40