cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish Playmaker (Winegard) vs Tailgater (Kiing)

Tizi
Explorer
Explorer
I am in the market for a satellite dish and have narrowed it down between the 2. I have heard good things about the Winegard, not so much with the King. Both are about the same size and price. We live on the West coast so either will work.

Thanks for the feedback!
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 - HEMI
2007 Northern Lite 10.2 RR
Tizi's Transformer by Whazoo
6 REPLIES 6

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The 2 antennas you are considering is pretty much a coin toss. If you want a better signal, with the associated larger footprint, then the X2 is the best choice. If you are looking for a roof mounted antenna, forget about the X2.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going with the Pathway X-2 because of the 18" dish. Check reviews and the Wingard Pathway X-2 stands head and shoulders above either the Tailgater or the Playmaker.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
The bigger the dish, the stronger the signal - just sayin'. :B
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

Tizi wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
We heard good thinks about the Playmaker, but once we started looking we decided on the Pathway X2 . It can get both the East, and west arch's, and can plug into 2 separate receivers at the same time.
Not sure about the Tailgater

There is/was also a discount code when ordering the bundle directly through Winegard..it was $399.00 for the Pathway X2 AND a Dish Wally with coupon code - PORTABLE100 . free shipping . .$422.94 delivered after tax

I actually did that deal, got the X2 and it is huge! I have a truck camper and nowhere to store that unit. I am going to RMA the X2 due to size.

I can see that, it is a space eater, especially for a TC . . It's a shame, it is nice
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Tizi
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
We heard good thinks about the Playmaker, but once we started looking we decided on the Pathway X2 . It can get both the East, and west arch's, and can plug into 2 separate receivers at the same time.

There is/was also a discount code when ordering the bundle directly through Winegard..it was $399.00 for the Pathway X2 AND a Dish Wally with coupon code - PORTABLE100 . free shipping . .$422.94 delivered after tax

I actually did that deal, got the X2 and it is huge! I have a truck camper and nowhere to store that unit. I am going to RMA the X2 due to size.
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 - HEMI
2007 Northern Lite 10.2 RR
Tizi's Transformer by Whazoo

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet