cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISH Network Issues

msmith1199
Explorer
Explorer
So I’m on day two of a camping trip and I found out yesterday DISH Network got hacked and much of their internet system is down. When I take the RV out I have to wake up the receiver in the RV since apparently they go offline after a few weeks without use. Normally you can do that online on their app. But I found out I can’t access the app. When I’ve tried to call I get put in a Que with a voice saying the weight will be over one hour. Apparently all their customers are having issues and calling in! This hack is supposed to have happened on February 23rd and they’ve been trying to fix it since then apparently without luck. The Satelite TV system itself still works fine, the only thing down appears to be their website and other internet access. So if you plan to hit the road and need to wake up your received, prepare to sit on hold for a while.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

5 REPLIES 5

Explorer II
Explorer II
Call the Dish Outdoors number 1-855-434-4534
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

msmith1199
Explorer
Explorer
Tried the 0 thing and it doesn’t work.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah, happened to me last weekend. Normally just use MyDish app but had to call in to get one receiver of the 2 we have onboard pinged. Surprisingly it took about 15 minutes for them to wake up bedroom receiver, my DW had to go without her bedroom TV for a day as we thought our automated dome was just being finicky. They explained their app and online issues were due to their systems being hacked, they apologized profusely and thanked me for our patience. Wouldn't have noticed as Hopper and Joey receivers working fine at home, they indicated they did not know when app or online systems would return to normal.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Well looks like they can take a payment 🙂

JimR

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just had my receiver pinged after setting over the winter. When I call the tech line, I continuously hit the "0" key until I get a person. Usually takes less than 5 minutes on the phone.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore