Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DISH Anywhere...New Service from DISH

Rbertalotto
Explorer
Explorer
Just announced at CEDIA in San Diego...Dish Anywhere

Here is the press release

Never again will your client be limited to local news in a distant market or a hotel movie library. With DISH Anywhereยฎ customers get live sports, breaking news and their entire DVR collection plus On Demand titles. And Dish Anywhereยฎ is now available on the Amazon Fire TV Stick โ€“ your clients simply insert a small device into their in-room display, connect to hotel Internet and launch the DISH Anywhere app. Within seconds they are transported back to their sofa at home, with access to the TV content they really want, complete with a guide they know and all the local live channels they view at home. This solution is a game changer for vacationing families, college students, business travelers or for the โ€˜requiredโ€™ Sunday afternoon visits to the in-laws. For more information, click here; or to meet with DISH at CEDIA, click here.
RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
2021 RAM 2500 4X4 6.4L
2011 Forest River Grey Wolf Cherokee 19RR
520 w solar-200ah Renogy Li-Epever MPPT
14 REPLIES 14

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
I am using IE and have the latest windows 10 update. Again the new slingplayer does not work with 211k although I'm using the pc. The previous version dish player worked well. Gone until tomorrow.

bill-e
Explorer
Explorer
Steve, sounds to me like a browser issue. I logged on and was able to download slingplayer for both Chrome and Edge.

Try a different browser, perhaps something has gone amis with the browser you're using.
Thanks,
Bill

'15 Keystone Cougar 26RBI and '15 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
Bill,
Just like the last poster on that forum.dish said:

After signing in to Dish, and going to the Dish Anywhere section, the options are given to Continue if you have already downloaded the Slingplayer - or if you haven't downloaded the slingplayer to be able to do so. When I click on the Download, nothing happens.

I don't know why it can't be downloaded onto my pc. My receiver (which is not used when on the pc) is a 211k which apparently will not work with the new slingplayer software. Like that last poster also said:
I had the Dish Anywhere Video Player - which apparently used to allow one to watch programming that they were subscribed to - but I've not been able to do what I've always done; sign in, click on one of the Networks, or click on a movie or show that is appearing on one of our subscribed choices, and be able to watch this programming. This is strictly choosing a show, or part of a series that we might have missed - and watching it on our internet browser on the computer.

It's sad their upgrades?? eliminated me and others access to this service. I got the 211k to take it with me when I travel to use with my Tailgater.

Again I'm not trying to watch live tv or anything off my external hard drive dvr, I'm at home trying to watch missed shows I subscribe to on my pc.

bill-e
Explorer
Explorer
steveh27 wrote:
bill-e wrote:
steveh27 wrote:
kmbelt wrote:
steveh27 wrote:
Here's a big drawback: it does not work with 211k receivers which are needed with the Tailgators. I used to be able to watch missed episodes on my home computer. I can no longer do that because the new software will not load. I am not trying to watch anything on my dvr or live shows anywhere, just past episodes, which I think means On Demand.

It only works with receivers that have a network connection and have the Sling technology implemented into them. Hopper w/Sling and Hopper 3 are what i know of off the top of my head. All the On Demand stuff requires an internet connection also.

My complaint is that I used to be able to use On Demand on my home computer through the internet to view missed episodes. For over a year now I have not been able to do that. I complained to Dish & they gave me a 6 month discount.
Works here, I even just tried it with Microsoft Edge and that worked (surprised).

Bill,
So you were able to to watch old episodes on your home computer? My the new Dish anywhere software will not down load on mine, and I've heard on others as well.
https://forum.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19188
Yep, just did it again. I read the other thread you posted and I do have a Hopper 3 at home and before that a 622 w/sling. I believe that Dishanywhere actually started with the 622 or thereabouts.

I would think that a home system utilizing a non DVR or Sling enabled receiver should still be able to watch content directly from Dish.

So what are you saying, you log into dishanywhere.com and select a show and it tells you what??
Thanks,
Bill

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
bill-e wrote:
steveh27 wrote:
kmbelt wrote:
steveh27 wrote:
Here's a big drawback: it does not work with 211k receivers which are needed with the Tailgators. I used to be able to watch missed episodes on my home computer. I can no longer do that because the new software will not load. I am not trying to watch anything on my dvr or live shows anywhere, just past episodes, which I think means On Demand.

It only works with receivers that have a network connection and have the Sling technology implemented into them. Hopper w/Sling and Hopper 3 are what i know of off the top of my head. All the On Demand stuff requires an internet connection also.

My complaint is that I used to be able to use On Demand on my home computer through the internet to view missed episodes. For over a year now I have not been able to do that. I complained to Dish & they gave me a 6 month discount.
Works here, I even just tried it with Microsoft Edge and that worked (surprised).

Bill,
So you were able to to watch old episodes on your home computer? My the new Dish anywhere software will not down load on mine, and I've heard on others as well.
https://forum.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19188

az99
Explorer
Explorer
It also does not work unless the location of your DVR has very high speed internet. It needs over 1mb of upload speed to work.

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
bill-e wrote:
Just let me know which campgrounds have the bandwidth to support streaming video. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I don't know if it's getting better, but about one third of the 49 campgrounds we were in this summer had streamable WiFi.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

bill-e
Explorer
Explorer
Roy, Dish Anywhere has been around for a long time, I think what they are really announcing is the Amazon Fire app. If you have access to wifi you can now just plug your fire stick into the TV and watch content either from the Dishonline site or recorded content on your home DVR.

Prior to this you had to watch it on your laptop, tablet or phone.

The use of a VIP211 RX, or even a Hopper is irrelevant because the Fire Stick is Wifi, so theoretically it could be connected to the campground Wifi and provide all the features in the press release. Just let me know which campgrounds have the bandwidth to support streaming video. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Thanks,
Bill

bill-e
Explorer
Explorer
steveh27 wrote:
kmbelt wrote:
steveh27 wrote:

Thanks,
Bill

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
kmbelt wrote:
steveh27 wrote:

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
kmbelt wrote:

DISH Anywhere works great when your Hopper and receiving device (iPad, iPhone, etc) are both on the same WiFi network. Then you don't use any (or very little) broadband data.

However, when they're on different WiFi networks then you had better have an Unlimited data plan.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

kmbelt
Explorer
Explorer
steveh27 wrote:

2014 Ram 2500, 6.4 Hemi, CC, 4x4
2010 Puma 259RBSS

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer

SCClockDr
Explorer
Explorer
Been using this all summer.
Only drawback I see is our SIL ties up our only box when he is up to cut the grass. A reality I can surely live with.
George & Cathy
08 Titanium 28E33SA, XM, Honda EU 3000is, Trimetric, RotoChocks, LP Reg. Mod, 2 Gal Accum., WiFiRanger GO2/Mobile
04 Ram 3500 5.9 DRW, PAC PRXB E/B, 4" MBRP SS Exhaust, Gauges, Aux Tank/box, BrakeSmart.
ETCS (ss) USN Ret