2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate
102 REPLIES 102

Carl_n_Susan
Nomad II
Nomad II
haydoracin wrote:
We received this email from ATT/DirecTV yesterday:

We recently notified you that Congress had decided not to renew key provisions of the Satellite Television Extension and Localism Act Reauthorization (STELAR) and that as a result, you would have lost access to out-of-market broadcast networks ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, and The CW starting June 1, 2020.

Weโ€™re happy to let you know that DIRECTV will now continue to provide you with access to broadcast networks CBS, FOX, and NBC as part of your Mobile Network Package. Unfortunately, access to ABC and The CW networks are no longer part of your Mobile Network Package.

In recognition of any inconvenience to you, we are adjusting the price of your Mobile Network Package from $20 to $15, effective June 1, 2020. Please note this new price (and any related credits) will appear within 1 to 2 billing cycles.

If you have any questions, please call us at 866.595.9429.

Thank you for choosing DIRECTV.

I noticed last night, it could have been there before, that ABC East (396) and West (397) are back along with CW Plus (394). I never watch CW so I don't know if there was east/west versions before or if CW Plus was it.
Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
There always seems be confusion between DTV and Dish satellites. DTV satellites are 99-103 which is thire longitutde meaning they are south of Texas and they cover the 48 states and extend to Alaska. Since the satellites are centrally located and close together the dish does not need to be moved to get different channels regardless of your location.

Dish has eastern and western arcs due to there satellites located south of the east and west coast hence the dish may have to be moved to get different channels depending upon your equipment. Others are better versed on the Dish nuances as I don't have Dish.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bill.Satellite wrote:
If DTV truly ended DNS service they would also be able to convert NY and LA to spot beam as doing the CONUS broadcast would no longer be necessary. This would add additional capacity to their existing satellites.
Bill, not sure what you mean by convert? Just curious. Both NY and LA already are spot beamed on channels 2-100. DNS is on the Nation 103 beam and covers all of the 48 states and parts of Canada as it extends up to cover Alaska.

Without national DNS channels (389-399) on 103W those channels would be free for other stations.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
I contacted ATT/DTV via chat about this Thur@1530. Chat forwarded me to "Loyalty" Dept since they are DNS knowledgeable. The VERY nice lady there had not heard about this being restored and was surprised. I read her the above email. She did some checking and found that they had not updated their systems yet and asked me to call back on Monday. I must emphasize that the chat lady and the lady in Loyalty were extremely competent, professional and fun to talk with. I'll report back when I learn something.
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Haydoracin. Wonder if DTV will automatically reinstate those of us they recently terminated? I got zapped last week.
Hickory, NC

haydoracin
Explorer
Explorer
We received this email from ATT/DirecTV yesterday:

We recently notified you that Congress had decided not to renew key provisions of the Satellite Television Extension and Localism Act Reauthorization (STELAR) and that as a result, you would have lost access to out-of-market broadcast networks ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, and The CW starting June 1, 2020.

Weโ€™re happy to let you know that DIRECTV will now continue to provide you with access to broadcast networks CBS, FOX, and NBC as part of your Mobile Network Package. Unfortunately, access to ABC and The CW networks are no longer part of your Mobile Network Package.

In recognition of any inconvenience to you, we are adjusting the price of your Mobile Network Package from $20 to $15, effective June 1, 2020. Please note this new price (and any related credits) will appear within 1 to 2 billing cycles.

If you have any questions, please call us at 866.595.9429.

Thank you for choosing DIRECTV.
Hayden & Jan
1994 Southwind 33L P-Chassis 454
2006 Chevrolet HHR
OTY (Mini Dachsund)

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
"I don't have satellite, anymore. I didn't enter into the conversation until Belgique said he was going to look at an OTA DVR. I pointed him to the OTA DVR we use at home. Or, are you saying I shouldn't be even reading a thread on satellites?"

BOBO, I appreciate your mentioning the TABLO. We watch NOTHING live and with the demise of DNS (which I lost all on Saturday) an OTA DVR is something I want, especially since we are full timers that travel all over the US. I love my Trav'ler but there are sites that are not sat friendly and with DNS gone, an OTA DVR is on my high priority list. Yes, we can and do stream...but it is not as honky dory as some suggest.

Again, thanks for the TABLO recommendation...perfectly appropriate in this thread about losing DNS.
Hickory, NC

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Just FYI i still have DNS East and West

JimR

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bill.Satellite wrote:
It doesn't sound like you even have satellite TV so not sure what your posts have to do with the DNS services issues.

I don't have satellite, anymore. I didn't enter into the conversation until Belgique said he was going to look at an OTA DVR. I pointed him to the OTA DVR we use at home.

Or, are you saying I shouldn't be even reading a thread on satellites?
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bobbo wrote:
pigman1 wrote:
Bobbo wrote:
Belgique wrote:
Time to find an OTA DVR.

I have been using a Tablo OTA DVR since cutting the cord about 5 years ago. We are pleased. I only wish I had sprung for the 4 tuner model instead of the 2 tuner model.
Sorry, won't work where we travel. No Internet, No cell service. If it don't come by satellite, we can't get it (and even then sometimes not due to mountains and latitude).

We only use it at home. We don't DVR (or even OTA) while traveling. That is part of our "getting away."

It doesn't sound like you even have satellite TV so not sure what your posts have to do with the DNS services issues.
Anyone still interested, yes, I still have E and W DNS.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
pigman1 wrote:
Bobbo wrote:
Belgique wrote:
Time to find an OTA DVR.

I have been using a Tablo OTA DVR since cutting the cord about 5 years ago. We are pleased. I only wish I had sprung for the 4 tuner model instead of the 2 tuner model.
Sorry, won't work where we travel. No Internet, No cell service. If it don't come by satellite, we can't get it (and even then sometimes not due to mountains and latitude).

We only use it at home. We don't DVR (or even OTA) while traveling. That is part of our "getting away."
Bobbo and Lin

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
Bobbo wrote:
Belgique wrote:
Time to find an OTA DVR.

Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
I never had E and W, I only had and still have E except ABC and CW as of 8:32am central time today.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Belgique wrote:
Time to find an OTA DVR.

Bobbo and Lin

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Pigman, me too. I lost ABC several days ago and yesterday lost E/W of CBS and NBC. Also got an email from ATT confirming the changes I requested....except I didn't request this. Oh well. Time to find an OTA DVR.

They gonna catch up with you Bill.
Hickory, NC