cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DirecTV ABC E/W DNS Channels

Carl_n_Susan
Nomad II
Nomad II
It appears the technology giants at DirecTV have a problem with their DNS channels 395 and 396. These are the ABC feeds for the east and west locations. Channel 395 (ABC East) is giving an error message 721 - this program is not part of your package. Channel 396 the ABC West feed gives the message 727 - this channel is blacked out in your area.

The support folks are aware of the issue and are working on a resolution. I first noticed this on Sunday evening and they are still inop today (Wednesday). The tech guy said it would be 48-72 hours before it is fixed. We are past that time.

Am I the only one with this issue? I expected others here with the DirecTV DNS package would be having the same outage.
Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line
10 REPLIES 10

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Ok as I understand it the FCC regs require that "Local" Stations be carried on Sat/Cable all levels of service... Now I stress that is my understanding.

However the Cable/Sat service has to pay the station for permission to carry the program. or the network or both...

They stream the programming live, commercials and all, they do not add their own commercials. .Seems to me the TV station should be paying the Sat/Cable for expanding their audience. Oh well.

Sadly where I landed when my motor home got totaled I have to pay for cable. If I were on the other side of the building and perhaps one floor up OTA would do me fine.

Why would a NY TV station want to pay for an increased viewership when those viewers are in Peoria, IL or Hays, KS?
Getting more viewers in not helpful if your advertisers cannot get any benefit from that viewership.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
2oldman wrote:
JimR 1 wrote:
My resolution was to fire DTV and went to Dish
My resolution was to have an LA service address.

:B :B :B

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ok as I understand it the FCC regs require that "Local" Stations be carried on Sat/Cable all levels of service... Now I stress that is my understanding.

However the Cable/Sat service has to pay the station for permission to carry the program. or the network or both...

They stream the programming live, commercials and all, they do not add their own commercials. .Seems to me the TV station should be paying the Sat/Cable for expanding their audience. Oh well.

Sadly where I landed when my motor home got totaled I have to pay for cable. If I were on the other side of the building and perhaps one floor up OTA would do me fine.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Carl_n_Susan
Nomad II
Nomad II
The techno-wizards at DTV fixed their problem sometime early Friday. The promised email keeping me aware of the issue never appeared. Apparently their communication skills are even worse than their technical ones.
Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

We cut the ties with DirecTV satellite a few years ago and started streaming everything. We started with Direct TV Now. They provided us with ABC, CBS, NBC etc... without the extra charge we paid DirecTV satellite. Direct TV Now has changed its name to ATT TV Now but we still have the same programming. We donโ€™t have deal with east coast west coast channel to watch local programming. The nice thing is when we move location as fulltimers the local programming changes to or now location without having to contact ATT to have the location changed.

โ€œHappy Trailsโ€
Chiefneon

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
My ABC E and W DNS channels are gone as well. I suspect it's just a blip.

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
My DNS East and ABC has been more off than on for months.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
JimR 1 wrote:
My resolution was to have an LA service address.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Yes before DTV took away my DNS I had the same issue.

JimR

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Hmm.. my ABC west is 395, but I'm not technically DNS. My service address is LA, and it acts just like DNS. Have no idea if this is of any help.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman