cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campgrounds with Dish Network streaming TV to Roku

gitane59
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just arrived at a campground offering 48 TV channels streamed from Dish Network through either a Roku or a Fire Stick. Campground store offering the Roku and Firestick for sale to access the streaming TV signals. Do many campgrounds offer this type of TV in lieu of a campground cable system. This particular campground apparently just disabled their in campground cable TV feature and replaced it with this Dish Network to Roku/Firestick option
2014 Landmark Savannah, Mor-Ryde IS with Dexter disc brakes, 17.5 wheels with Sumitomo skins,
2010 Ford F350 Lariat CC LB DRW 6.4L Diesel, Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
8 REPLIES 8

gitane59
Explorer III
Explorer III
The campground has a very good 5Mb download wifi that I am able to stream whatever I want for $20.00 for 7 days. I am going to ask the campground staff whether the Roku/Firestick is preloaded with an app or not. I am going to try to find out my info. If I had brought my own Firestick I could have used my own subscriptions on it.
2014 Landmark Savannah, Mor-Ryde IS with Dexter disc brakes, 17.5 wheels with Sumitomo skins,
2010 Ford F350 Lariat CC LB DRW 6.4L Diesel, Firestone Ride Rite Airbags

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
I'm fairly sure what the CG is doing is illegal.
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
The fire stick can connect to any wifi signal as long as you have the password. Fire stick - campground wifi - connected!

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
Maybe I'm missing something here, but doesn't the "option" require that you have a good WiFi or cell connection? My FireStick and Roku connect to the WiFi in my home or RV. At home my WiFi comes thru my router that's hardwired to the Internet. In my RV the WiFi comes off my Hotspot that runs on the AT&T network.

If I have a good usable Hotspot in my RV then I can use Dish Anywhere and connect to my home Dish receiver that gives me access to all the channels I have at home, including my local OTA stations.

tallpall888
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you! I am a little closer to understanding. If you don't mind taking another minute with me how does the dish app work? I'm thinking the campers now have internet at their campsite. With Roku and the ilk they can get 5000 channels ..... good ones if they want to pay. With the campground they are getting 40+ channels, apparently premium, with the price of a nights stay. What makes sense to me here is the campground is paying for the installation of the Dish app on the individual devices (i.e. Roku) so they can get their dose of Fox and CNN and not have to pay for it. You can see I'm still confused.

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
It's likely Dish streaming service which you would be able to access with the Dish App broadcast via the campground WiFi. Sounds like a great solution to wired poor/failed cable in an older campground that needs mega bucks to upgrade/replace.

tallpall888
Explorer
Explorer
This is so new to me I don't understand exactly what this is. The campground no longer supports a wired cable system, but offers 48 channels....how? I am guessing they offer internet. What am I missing here? Do they have an app for your Roku that collects their signal of live channels that might be "free"? For example to be able to see ESPN, CNN, MSNBC, etc. you would need to pay for a streaming app like youtubetv, fubo, hulu, etc.

chindog
Explorer
Explorer
I've never run across this, but would be something I would like, since I already have a firestick.
2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2012 Honda CRV toad