cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bluetooth speaker for TV

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Samsung HDR 50" series 6. It does not have any audio out put jacks. I went to the secret menu and enabled some thing and now it has a bluetooth option in the reg menue, but couldnt get it to pair with my speaker. The TV has a digital audio out jack. Was wondering if one of those interfaces that is a bluetooth transmitter with digital audio in would work
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel
8 REPLIES 8

Healeyman
Explorer
Explorer
My Sony TV ONLY has a digital fiber-optic audio output.

I went to Amazon and bought THIS -

It comes with a Fiber Optic cable.

It gives me L and R audio output that I plugged into a Bose Radio that is located under the TV.
The Bose has a remote control for adjustments from across the room.

It works GREAT!!!

Tim

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
Well just that you know, problem solved. I have Dish with a hopper for a network box. I googled blue tooth for my Dish box and it sent me into its menu and to turn on the blue tooth option. Wa La it works. I never did get the TV blue tooth to work
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
Well I got the device that Shastagary suggested. It pairs with my speaker. The optical output is set to PCM (the only option) I even tried the RCA audio out of the Dish box and its optical out still no sound from my speaker. The Samsung TV has a Blue Tooth option but it and my speaker cant find each other

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
hotpepperkid wrote:
Was wondering if one of those interfaces that is a bluetooth transmitter with digital audio in would work
Find one on Amazon and I'm sure it will tell you.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
I tried three different D/A convertors and couldn't get one of them to work

some of the D/A converters will only accept a pcm signal from the optical output of the tv you would need to go into the tv,s sound menu and select that option to get it to work.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
I tried three different D/A convertors and couldn't get one of them to work. One vendor said they had problems specifically with Samsung TV's.

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
a bluetooth unit like this may work it has optical in unless your tv uses a coaxial digital out? and it can pair 2 bluetooth speakers with it Bluetooth V5.0 Transmitter Receiver, Support Optical Digital Toslink

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, you need a bluetooth transmitter connected to your TV audio out jack to make it work.