cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best TV Streaming Services

vanderkrause
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a TV streaming service for full time RVers that doesn't require checking in at a home ZIP code every 90 days? We don't get "home" that often.
8 REPLIES 8

mlslcan
Explorer
Explorer
I use Philo to get access to "cable" channels streaming apps on my Roku. I hardly ever use the Philo app itself. Philo does not give access to local channels. I use the antenna to get local tv in the area where I am at. I also have Hulu (free with my Sprint) and Netflix that we use. We were out for 4 months last time with no issues.

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
I used Netflix in AZ and my wife used Netflix in CO for 3 months on the same account. No problem.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I think Netflix has some sort of location based sign-in that has to be renewed every few months, but I don't know about the others. The only paid streaming subscription we use is CBS All Access, and it doesn't seem to care where are. Most the others we use are linked to our Dish satellite account, and they don't care where we are either.

You could probably use a browser add-on like Location Guard to fool the login into thinking you're in your home area.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know what you use for internet service for this.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
vanderkrause wrote:
Is there a TV streaming service for full time RVers that doesn't require checking in at a home ZIP code every 90 days? We don't get "home" that often.

Are you talking internet streaming ?

Roku box is the best way for streaming, Apple box comes in 2nd..

You will need internet on the road however..

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
DirecTV? DISH?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Moved from Forum Posting Help and Support

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Roku stick and subscribe to Youtube TV. I looked into bringing the Roku stick with me to Florida this winter and ran into the same issue you're having. I was told that After 90 days, I would have to sign up again using the zip code of where we'll be staying and then cancel when we get home and re-subscribe with our home zip code. Not terrible if you're going to be in one place for a few months but if you're often on the move it would be a pain in the neck. As a side note, I have not received a definitive answer on whether using a VPN essentially tricking the service to think you're in your home area would work or not. Maybe someone a lot more tech savvy than me could chime in on this for you.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.