cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AT&T Watch TV Service?

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
So I'm considering leaving Verizon after almost two decades of service from them.

Looking at ATT's Unlimited and More Premium wireless services, which includes the new Watch TV service.

I'm hoping hear some feedback on how the "live" tv service is, and what their on demand library contains.

In particular, how bad are the commercials during the live stream?
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed
13 REPLIES 13

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Data is working fine in Canada too!

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Update for those who are interested

Signed up for the service mid September and have been happy so far.

The watch tv app is available for Android and Apple. It does support Chromecast but only when you're on a separate WiFi service. The app itself isn't as streamlined as Netflix or Hulu but it gets the job done.

The On Demand library is extensive, with past TV episodes and movies available.

The stream ing isn't very smooth, it spends a lot of time buffering and just randomly stops at times.

I did confirm that using the service from your phone (not from the hotspot) is "free" so it doesn't count against your usage cap.

I recommend using a phone with a cabled video output, as I haven't found a way to cast the screen while the hotspot feature is enabled.

Next test is the unlimited talk, text, data and stream ing in Canada.

Doss
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
Doss wrote:
GordonThree wrote:
Doss wrote:
So my thinking is that I am an AT&T customer, if I get Directv Now, it doesn't count against my data.
I should be able to watch on my ipad or phone and Chromecast to my TV, right?

The park where we go most often has good LTE

That USED to be the case, something that advertised quite a bit to compete with T-Mobile.

I looked for that language in their most recent plan offerings, and couldn't find mention of DirectTV streaming being counted any differently.

Looks pretty good, I saw American Sniper and a few other decent movies were there and lots of series.

I just chatted with the Directv Now guy and said it wouldn't count against my ATT Unlimited plan

Since you have the unlimited plan, have you checked out "Watch TV" that's included free with the plan? It's 30 non-network channels, streaming live.

Do you have any feedback on the "on demand" shows that are available as part of your DirectTV package?
2022 Cruiser RV MPG 3400BH
2022 Chevrolet 2500 HD 4x4

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Doss wrote:
GordonThree wrote:
Doss wrote:
So my thinking is that I am an AT&T customer, if I get Directv Now, it doesn't count against my data.

That USED to be the case, something that advertised quite a bit to compete with T-Mobile.

I looked for that language in their most recent plan offerings, and couldn't find mention of DirectTV streaming being counted any differently.

I just chatted with the Directv Now guy and said it wouldn't count against my ATT Unlimited plan

Since you have the unlimited plan, have you checked out "Watch TV" that's included free with the plan? It's 30 non-network channels, streaming live.

Do you have any feedback on the "on demand" shows that are available as part of your DirectTV package?

Doss
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
Doss wrote:

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Doss wrote:

Doss
Explorer
Explorer

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
If it is anything like DirecTV NOW (no real connection to the satellite version, DirectTV) streaming service, it has been a bumpy start.

I "cut the cord" with my cable company over 3 months ago. I even switched to a competitors wired internet service. It has nor been perfect, but the cost savings (over $50 per month) make the small inconveniences tolerable. No contract. Cancel anytime. Plus, I get 20 hours of "cloud based" DVR FREE !!

The biggest drawback with DirecTV NOW is there is NO TELEPHONE SUPPORT. Online chat or email only.

hbillsmith
Explorer
Explorer
Pure ****. I have it and it occasionally works on the phone screen. Tried to screen share to the apple TV and it was a total bust.
Wildcat2016-295rsx GMC2015-2500HD-DblCab D'max/Allisn+4x4 6.6'Bed
Maxxis235/80/16E;Andersen Ultimate2+4"offset;Airlft1 WirelessComp;GroundCtrl3;MorRyde RubbPinBox+CRE3000;3-Slidecovrs;Champion3100w/DIY ExtndRun;10'Portabote+5hp;Furrion48cam
Visited States

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
meeee2

we3
Explorer
Explorer
Following for future reference.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Not worried about the cellular part of it. What about the video service?

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Like anything else its going to depend on how strong your signal is. Weak signal equals no or unwatchably slow picture. It is going to depend on where you travel. ATT is kind of weak in many parts of the far west.