cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AT&T prepaid tablet plan in Canada

mcewena
Explorer
Explorer
The website says they include Canada and Mexico so I signed up for a new plan, far cheaper then a Canadian carrier, and I can use it when the border opens (in Canada now). Ordered a SIM card from Amazon.

But I can only receive texts from AT&T and I can only access their paygonline website, no outside data, text or voice. I tried 2 phones that both work with Rogers, same # of bars. Since I can access AT&T I know Iโ€™m getting a compatible signal.

Customer support was just saying random stuff off a script that I could easily disprove or show was not applicable.

Any wisdom here?
1 REPLY 1

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
mcewena wrote:
The website says they include Canada and Mexico so I signed up for a new plan, far cheaper then a Canadian carrier, and I can use it when the border opens (in Canada now). Ordered a SIM card from Amazon.

But I can only receive texts from AT&T and I can only access their paygonline website, no outside data, text or voice. I tried 2 phones that both work with Rogers, same # of bars. Since I can access AT&T I know Iโ€™m getting a compatible signal.

Customer support was just saying random stuff off a script that I could easily disprove or show was not applicable.

Any wisdom here?

A number of years ago I acquired a T-mobil phone and a tablet. I used them in the USA for about 4 months and then came to Canada. They both worked well--but after 90 days I was sent an email telling me my service would be disconnected. They were helpful in unlocking the phone and tablet.

Bottom line is they intend it for occasional use in Canada--not full time use. I'd guess AT&T is the same.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.