cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone awitch to new Visible Plans?

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
So far as I can tell the $30 Visible Plan is the same as the $40 current plan. The plus plan just adds more international and 5G. Is that what everyone is seeing?
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper
14 REPLIES 14

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
deltabravo wrote:
Right now Visible has a 50% off deal ($15 per month for 1 year) if you bring your own phone

This was a short lived promotion. It's gone now.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sticking with the $25 legacy plan until they force me to change.
Ralph
2006 GMC 2500HD, XCab, SB, 6.0L w/2001 Lance 845
Bilstein Shocks, TorkLift Stable Loads, 100 Ah LiFePo4, 225 watt solar
My RV Travels Webpage / Yearly Campsite Map / 740 Campsites / YouTube Videos /
Instagram

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
1492 wrote:
I've had Verizon Visible since it was first introduced. Still paying the $25.month for unlimited phone,text, and 5G/4G data.

Me too! :B
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Housted
Explorer III
Explorer III
We switched from Consumer Cellular due to connection issues. We have a ATT cell site in front of our house and could not get anyone to fix it. Visable uses Verizon and we get great sevice from them. Switching was easy since our iPhone 12's will support esim. Got the $15 per month for a year for both phones. Unlimited everything! :B!!

Housted
2019 Forrest River Forrester 3051S 2014 Honda CRV toad.
1000 W Solar, converted to 50 amp
400 Amps of LiFePO4,3000 Watt Inverter, Refer converted with JC refrigeration unit, Sofa replaced with 2 swivel chairs, over cab bed converted to TV mount and storage

LMHS
Explorer II
Explorer II
1492 wrote:
LMHS wrote:
Ticks my daughter off because she has an S22 and they will require that she buy the same model of phone yet again. No 5G anywhere near us nor will we go to Mexico or Canada. So we can't see paying for things we won't use.

Guess I'm not following. Why buy again? You can bring your own Samsung S22 on Visible.

I have been corrected. Her less than 2yo phone is an Samsumg A13 5G. She WANTS the S22. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S8. It's a few years old. Both phones are unlocked. Both phones were bought outright.

We input her IMEI number. The website says it is not eligible to bring. Neither is my phone. So we will buy new phones YET again. The Visible Midnight that I bought seemed to be a decent enough phone and that will probably be what I get for myself. My daughter wants one that takes good pictures because she is an artist and tends to upload her art.

https://www.visible.com/shop/compatibility

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Right now Visible has a 50% off deal ($15 per month for 1 year) if you bring your own phone

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
agesilaus wrote:
...unless you want to call Australia or the Congo.

Might need to someday, to collect the lottery winnings from the long lost Prince that emailed everyone saying you won their mystery lottery.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's not buy again. It is switch froom the old $40 plan to the new $30 plan. I just was checking that there was now reason to switch to the new $45 plan unless you want to call Australia or the Congo. They will overnight a new SIM if you need one.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

LMHS wrote:
Ticks my daughter off because she has an S22 and they will require that she buy the same model of phone yet again. No 5G anywhere near us nor will we go to Mexico or Canada. So we can't see paying for things we won't use.

Guess I'm not following. Why buy again? You can bring your own Samsung S22 on Visible.

My Visible plan includes 5G(low-band)/4G unlimited data. Though the iPhone I'm using does not support 5G. Below is a check of my current Visible 4G data download speed.

Download speeds for hotspot is limited, though have experienced speeds from 5-18Mbps.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
LMHS wrote:
$30 plan for a hotspot. Got the cheapest phone they had at the time ($100 Visible Midnight). No phone we own will qualify to transfer. Never does.
I will contain my enthusiasm until I find out if I can keep my phone. I don't want some cheap pos.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

LMHS
Explorer II
Explorer II
$30 plan for a hotspot. Got the cheapest phone they had at the time ($100 Visible Midnight). No phone we own will qualify to transfer. Never does. Ticks my daughter off because she has an S22 and they will require that she buy the same model of phone yet again. No 5G anywhere near us nor will we go to Mexico or Canada. So we can't see paying for things we won't use.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
1492 wrote:
I've had Verizon Visible since it was first introduced. Still paying the $25.month for unlimited phone,text, and 5G/4G data.
I think I better do this. I'm paying $175 a month for 2 lines and very little data. Terrible. Now that I have Starlink I don't worry about coverage. As long as Visible allows wifi calling I shouldn't have a problem.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

phil-t
Explorer
Explorer
We did, in November. Got the $30 plan. So far, it's been good. Sitting in our RV the phone I have the Visible service on is dedicated to hotspot use. It generally outperforms my Verizon 5G phone (when the 5G phone actully finds a 5G signal).
2014 Allegro 36LA