cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Advanced System Care and MALWAREBYTES prog

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have been using the the ADVANCED SYSTEM CARE software for keeping the computers running fast and MALWAREBYTES Anti-Malware software to keep after all of the malware and viruses..

Recent update on ADVANCED SYSTEM CARE apparently has a quirk to it. AFter I run it every three or four days when the smily face turn to a frown and then run my MALWAREBYTES Anti-Malware software usually on Monday of each week I get 650 or so PUP named threats all associated with the ADVANCED SYSTEM CARE files. Then once I select to delete the threats then my ADVANCED SYSTEM CARE doesn't run anymore.

I reloaded an earlier Version 9 ASC software and it does the same now. SO something is in my system now I guess...

Not using the ASC after this I get a good clean threat report from the MALWAREBYTES program.

AT this point i don't really know if there is a bug in the latest ASC version upgrade or something else is happening. I loved using this program for my WIN 10 and older XP computers for my Ham Radio interface items...

I guess my recourse to get a different PC TUNE UP program to replace Advanced System Care and keep on trucking. AVG or McAFEE comes to mind...

Has anyone else been experiencing anything like this using Advanced System Care latest program version.

I even pulled out another WIN10 laptop that had been off for many months and it did the same thing after it updated to the latest ver ASC program when being used and then running MALWAREBYTES.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS
9 REPLIES 9

was_butnotnow
Explorer
Explorer
To fix PUP quarantine issues in Malwarebyts looking Advance System Care 10 Pro go to your MalwareBytes program and under settings click on Detection and Protection then under Non-Malware PUP select Ignore detections. This was from MalwareBytes when I did a search on this issue.
I was also getting a run error saying sdlilb.dll was missing. Did a complete uninstall and downloaded new and installed it again..
Now in a 05 Monaco Cayman DP 36 PDQ
Traveled many years in NuWa Hitchhiker 5th wheels.
Travel Journals and Adventures of people living this lifestyle

Hitchitch.com

Personal blog with our own travels. www.fulltime.hitchitch.com

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
sherlock62 wrote:
snipe:
RoyB wrote:
Have been using the the ADVANCED SYSTEM CARE software

You do not need such software. Uninstall it.

Well That has already been done for me haha... I know it is only a PC TUNE UP program but I have been running this about every three or fours and it does keep my computer running pretty fast...

I am probably going with AVG Anti-malware which also has a PC TUNE UP mode as well...

Back in the working day the government computers all used the AVG programs and it did well for us back then... The AVG however takes a longer time going through the computer here... It also works in the back ground which is good too...

I am working behind a good firewall so all of this really helps each other I think...

of course WIN10 keeps saying their EDGE browser and other program are the best for keeping safe haha... Then they keep pushing the cloud where who knows where all your stuff is at. Im old enough to remember what MS used to with all of our files being stored in Australia for backups...

I really do see my computer running faster using the Advanced System Care every three or four days...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
snipe:
RoyB wrote:
Have been using the the ADVANCED SYSTEM CARE software

You do not need such software. Uninstall it.

Just note what PUP means - potentially unwanted programs. Doesn't necessarily mean they are a threat. Could be adaware or tracking for marketing purposes. Neither really preferable? But the nature of many free utilities or services.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
For all of those that were affected the last two days what are you going to do now...

Maybe just uncheck the 650 threats and they won't be showing up anymore after that. Then just live with the two that keep coming back. I think this is what I am reading here...

Roy Ken
Roy - Carolyn
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

bcsdguy
Explorer
Explorer
I have used MalwareBytes and AVG free for at least 10 years with no problems. Of course MalwareBytes doesn't look for the same things AVG does so shouldn't be any conflicts.
No person is completely worthless ... one can always serve as a bad example.

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
I am using ASC-10 & Malware Bytes with no problems like you are having, but it is a Window 7 system, not a window 10. I would think it is a system 10 bug, not the ASC bug.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
I have used Microsoft Computer Essentials for anti-virus and MalwareBytes for several years and no problems. Of course, I don't click on links unless I know what they are.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

bwanshoom
Explorer
Explorer
Those tune-up programs are of questionable usefulness. In any case, Malwarebytes now regards them as PUP so it's behaving as designed:

Recent thread
Malwarebytes info
2010 Cougar 322 QBS
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LMM CC/SB 4x4 LTZ
Pullrite SuperGlide 18K