cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Your "favorite" BBQ Grill, suggestions

ArcticFox_Cats
Explorer
Explorer
(I have already done a search - may not be using the correct verbiage.)

Would welcome specific recommendations on YOUR favorite (preferably propane) BBQ/Grill....and why you like it.

Thanks!!! All suggestions welcome.

Lura
'19 Nash (Northwood Mft) 22H
'07 2500 GMC Sierra HD, CC, 4x4, 3.73s, LongBed Duramax,
Equalizer, Enkay Mudflaps
'13 Polaris RZR 800cc
"A bird is a bird. A fish is a fish. A Dog is a Person."
42 REPLIES 42

ArcticFox_Cats
Explorer
Explorer
JUST AN UPDATE!!

I am sure that someone else has or will find this complete thread extremely helpful for any search that THEY may be doing, or encounter!!! ALL of your hints and helps have been EXTREMELY WELCOMED and rather informative!!

Since I have a small RV, a "smaller" Weber Q1200 was acquired by me, and I am tickled pink!! I had been looking everywhere - and I found a brand new one, still in the box, and got it at a steal of a price from a private party!!! I took the regulator off, and was able to configure an excellent quick connect adapter and can use it either with a single LP tank, or connect it directly to my RV bbq connector. (And, YES, gentlemen, it IS correctly configured for both, without doubling up on the regulators!!)

THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE HELP!!! I greatly appreciate your inspiration and collective knowledge! HAPPY BBQ'ING TO ONE AND ALL!!!

Lura
'13 Polaris RZR 800cc

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
I use the Blackstone Tailgater. It has a 17"x17" griddle AND a 17"x17" grille, and either one can be lifted off in order to use the burner underneath (Dutch oven, anyone?). The legs are individually adjustable, and it lifts apart without tools into 3 pieces for storage, although it is a bit heavy overall.

We love it, and cook every meal on it.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

TwistedGray
Explorer
Explorer
This is what I have at home, but it is just shy of 100lbs making it rather impractical to drag along with me in the RV.

With that said, they did start making a version half its size, but it still weighs 40lbs. I don't know how their "junior" sized one compares in weight to the ones you guys have recommended, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy one and strap it to the back of the RV.

You have to also be willing to bring along wood for cooking or use "lump charcoal."

These are very comparable to the Big Green Egg, and I would put my Akorn up against a BGE any day.

jjuliajul
Explorer
Explorer
Weber Baby Q

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
AJR wrote:
Vector Smoke Hollow

Cast Aluminum

Stainless steel

Ceramic coated grates

What is going to rust out?

I agree. It'll last plenty long for the $170.00. Makes real good ribs!
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
ArcticFox&Cats wrote:
IAMICHABOD wrote:

WOW!!! Thank you so VERY much for the tips!! I never knew any of the above!!
I am now on the hunt!
Greatly appreciate your insite!!

Happy to help,good luck in your search,let us know how it all works out.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Coleman roadtrip. Gets hot and sears nice for a portable grill. Plus is if you have a smaller group, 4 or less, you can replace half the grill surface with a stove top grate. They also make a griddle for it but I use the blackstone for that stuff.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

ArcticFox_Cats
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:

WOW!!! Thank you so VERY much for the tips!! I never knew any of the above!!
I am now on the hunt!
Greatly appreciate your insite!!
'13 Polaris RZR 800cc

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
No they don't go on sale.A few years back I looked everywhere and thru my research I found out about MAP. here read this.

"It's a policy that manufacturers call MAP or minimum advertised pricing. In exchange for a retailer accepting advertising dollars from the manufacturer (Weber, for example), the retailer will not advertise those items below a certain price. You may recall seeing some newspaper or magazine ads that included the words "Call for price" to avoid breaking the rule and having the manufacturer slap the retailer's wrist or pull its line. Today you're more likely to see "click for price" when shopping online."

I did find a deal on Amazon,thru Amazon Warehouse it was a damaged box and was $75 cheaper for the Weber Q 220.

EDIT I did find THIS

When I got it the box was scuffed up pretty bad but the way they package things I think you could drop it off the roof and it would not be damaged.There was nothing wrong and it was in perfect condition.

I regularly check there and have found great deals. Always when shopping Amazon look at the bottom of the ad and sometimes it will say "new or used from a dollar amount that may be cheaper" that is how I found mine,thru the warehouse deals.They are returns and or damaged packaging. I have bought a lot of things that way and only once has there been a problem,if there is you can still return it,the same return policy applies to them too.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

ArcticFox_Cats
Explorer
Explorer
Since I started this thread, I have been looking for SALES regarding the Weber Q. And I simply do not find any. Have wondered about the Black Friday sales - does anyone know IF Weber Q goes on sale? ever?
Again, THANK YOU for all of your comments, helps, suggestions. It is appreciated.
'13 Polaris RZR 800cc

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
ArcticFox&Cats wrote:
Looking at the differences between the 2000 and 2200.
I looked a few nights ago. 2200 has a taller looking lid with a thermometer. Although the specs of length width and height were the same. The 2200 lid looks taller to me in the pics.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use the adapter hose and a 20# tank with my Weber. This way I can take it anywhere.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
Vector Smoke Hollow

Cast Aluminum

Stainless steel

Ceramic coated grates

What is going to rust out?
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

ng2951
Explorer
Explorer
Vintage465 wrote:
I have a version of the the Masterbuilt noted above called a Vector Smoke Hollow...
It isn't worth the money. They last a couple of years before they rust out.
Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
with Chloe, Belle, & Danke
2017 GD Imagine 2800BH
2017 53 days camping
'07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic 4x4 LBZ Duramax Diesel
Honda 2000sThe Bayou Bounty Hunters Cowboy Club
The Single Action Shooting Society