cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Your "favorite" BBQ Grill, suggestions

ArcticFox_Cats
Explorer
Explorer
(I have already done a search - may not be using the correct verbiage.)

Would welcome specific recommendations on YOUR favorite (preferably propane) BBQ/Grill....and why you like it.

Thanks!!! All suggestions welcome.

Lura
'19 Nash (Northwood Mft) 22H
'07 2500 GMC Sierra HD, CC, 4x4, 3.73s, LongBed Duramax,
Equalizer, Enkay Mudflaps
'13 Polaris RZR 800cc
"A bird is a bird. A fish is a fish. A Dog is a Person."
42 REPLIES 42

ArcticFox_Cats
Explorer
Explorer
Wopachoc:

All of your thoughts are what have been running thru my mind. I see that they are still selling the 2000 version. Looking at the differences between the 2000 and 2200. (And, I see no discounts anywhere for these!! Trying not to get in a hurry, and waiting for the Black Friday sale suggestion !)

Thanks for ALL of the help!!!!

And to the others, I understand about the regulators. Some times the โ€œconnectorsโ€ simply become the issue. ALL helps/suggestions are welcomed!!

Lura
'13 Polaris RZR 800cc

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
I see a couple have new Weber Q's. My fear is that quality has decreases. When people say they love their 10+ year old Weber Baby Q that doesnt help much for buying in 2020.

Good example is look how they ruined the smokey joe. The new version sucks.

Edit: that's not true all info is helpful. I would buy an older unit if I came across one that's new in the box. Being able to spot a good product is indeed helpful.

Where there different sizes of Weber baby Qs?

Currently it's the 1000 and 2000 series.
The 1200 and 2200 have the thermometer.
I'm hoping to find a deal on the 2200.

There is a larger 4000 i think. But a little big to be called a portable propane grill.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
For the grill as they said it can be done , and safely. The problem is that usally the propane is allready regulated in a camper, so if you have 2 regulators they dont work. If your outside line is allready rwgulated, you can remove the one for the stove and itwill work fine. Likewise, if its a hp propane line you just need to find a way to connect it as is. Do not pull the regulater and hook it up to a hp propane source.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
I really like the Vector Smoke Hollow. Low (200F) and slow smoking does wonders for beef tenderloin, chicken or ribs. For hamburgers, brats or breaded pork chops I use the regular burners but you do have to get use to cooking with the lid closed.
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
weber has a conversion to can to propane. it requires a hose and a fitting ..
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
wowens79 wrote:
ArcticFox&Cats wrote:
So, those of you who have proposed the Weber Q2200 - I have done a wee bit of research....and now I have a question. One of the Q&A's said this about that grill, and I just wish to know if it is true...or what YOU may have done about this:

"...the Q 2200 is not compatible with an RV propane system. They are only meant for use with disposable LP canisters or a standard 20 lb QCC1 style LP tank via Weber adapter hose 6501"

So, Weber fans, what say ye??

You just have to remove the pressure regulator on the grill. Super easy to do. Just google it, there are articles/videos on how to do it.

Itโ€™s really nice just plug it into the camper line and you donโ€™t have to worry about those little cans.

Weber recommends against what we all do for liability reasons. You could remove the regulator and theoretically plug the Weber directly into a propane tank putting out high pressure gas. That could be dangerous. Weber recommends against any modification basically
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
ArcticFox&Cats wrote:
So, those of you who have proposed the Weber Q2200 - I have done a wee bit of research....and now I have a question. One of the Q&A's said this about that grill, and I just wish to know if it is true...or what YOU may have done about this:

"...the Q 2200 is not compatible with an RV propane system. They are only meant for use with disposable LP canisters or a standard 20 lb QCC1 style LP tank via Weber adapter hose 6501"

You just have to remove the pressure regulator on the grill. Super easy to do. Just google it, there are articles/videos on how to do it.

Itโ€™s really nice just plug it into the camper line and you donโ€™t have to worry about those little cans.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

ArcticFox_Cats
Explorer
Explorer

'13 Polaris RZR 800cc

Tal_IL
Explorer
Explorer
I've been using a Smoke Hollow Vector for several years and like the smoke box feature for grilling. It will also do a fair job as a BBQ smoker. But, i also carry a Green Mountain Davy Crockett smoker, and we bust it out if we really want BBQ.
35 miles from Normal, IL. As close to normal as I'll ever be.

2006 Country Coach Inspire Genoa 40ft

Nv_Guy
Explorer III
Explorer III
Weber Q, full size. works great. Good thing about Weber is parts are available (as if you will ever need them). Easy to bypass regulator to use with fiver LP.

parcany
Explorer
Explorer
Have a Baby Q for 12 years now, love it. Also have one for the house, does what I want it to.

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
Iโ€™ve had a Weber Baby Q for 13-14 years now, and it had been awesome, and is all original parts. It is well worth the money.

The only other grill Iโ€™d consider for the camper would be a Big Green Egg Mini Max so I could smoke BBQ while camping. But they are heavy, and really expensive.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have a version of the the Masterbuilt noted above called a Vector Smoke Hollow. Exact same unit, different name. It is a very good smoker and will do ribs and other long smoked products as good as any smoker. That unit is also very adjustable as far as heat goes. Has a separate smoker tray. Not really good for burgers or steaks...in my opinion. I also have a Weber Q1000 that is the regular staple cause it makes real good hamburgers, reasonable chicken. I have a griddle for mine and I do a ton of outdoor cooking with it. It is a little more versatile because of the griddle. The Weber is also a real well built unit. I travel with both of them.
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
This is what i have. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Coleman-Roadtrip-X-Cursion-Blue-20000-BTU-285-sq-in-Portable-Gas-Grill/1000229717
I had an old webber before the small one. That was good. I also am a big fan of the blackstones. I take both with me, we cook a lot. And check on black friday, lowes had them on sale. Unless you need it now.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

morley
Explorer
Explorer
Had a Webber Q now for 2 years, really like it so far. Removed the regulator (very simple) so that I could attach it to the propane connection on my fiver.
2008 Topaz F254SS 26 ft.
2009 Chevy Silverado, 2500HD, Duramax, Allison Tranny, 4x4, EC
250 watt solar panel system, BlueSky controller and remote