cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Used to be informative

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
This was at one time a very good site. It had wonderful information on recipes etc.

What happened where are the cooks?
7 REPLIES 7

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am here and never will be on face book if I can help it. But here as on other sites the participation is dwindling.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
azrving wrote:
Back in the day it was Mexico wanderer, 2oldman and many others. That was about 5 to 10 years ago. We started snowbirding in 2013 and I set up our FW and utility trailer to double tow our atv and dirt bikes. This site was excellent for info on powering up an rv for boondocking.

Now that my wife has passed on Im probably downsizing to my tiny cabin and a Honda rancher on my utility trailer. I always liked Quartzite and Ogilby rd in socal. I didnโ€™t want to go to farcebook but maybe I have to

One ( of the many things) I don't like about facebook is that everything is just sort of random and scattered....

I saw your profile said Oatman--- we were there last month... it has been about 25 years since our last visit !
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Back in the day it was Mexico wanderer, 2oldman and many others. That was about 5 to 10 years ago. We started snowbirding in 2013 and I set up our FW and utility trailer to double tow our atv and dirt bikes. This site was excellent for info on powering up an rv for boondocking.

Now that my wife has passed on Im probably downsizing to my tiny cabin and a Honda rancher on my utility trailer. I always liked Quartzite and Ogilby rd in socal. I didnโ€™t want to go to farcebook but maybe I have to

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Clicking on Newest brings up all new threads started in the last 24 hours. That used to be 3-4 pages of discussions. Now it is typically less than one full page. And not just because this is the โ€œslow seasonโ€. Slowly fading away.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
On a diet?

I noticed this entire site and not just the Cooking Section has gone quiet. I try to start up a thread every now and again but I noticed that the traffic is not there. I've also noticed that FB is not as active as it once was either. Maybe people are just taking a break.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

sofive0
Explorer
Explorer
I agree! I admit that I have a joined a few FB Camp Cooks and Recipes. However, I still monitor this site and thread regular.
2018 Ram 3500 Carolina Customs Flatbed w/gooseneck hitch, 6.7ltr Cummins Diesel Engine
2013 Heartland Sundance 3400QB
Eaz-Lift 15" Gooseneck Adapter

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
One of 2 reasons, either passed on or on Facebook.
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.