cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ice Cream recipe

DeanRIowa
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for some homemade ice cream recipes, as I picked up a used hand crank maker the other day. I like strawberry myself.

Last time I made some the eggs was stringy, yuck. My mistake. So I did find some recipes without eggs at this manufacturer link.

Thanks,
Dean
2015 Summerland 2820 BHGS
2016 Silverado
DW Esmeralda, DS Mathew, DD Natalie
6 REPLIES 6

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
theoldwizard1 wrote:
For somewhere on the internet ... Fill a quart jar with loosely packed golden raisins. Now fill the jar with rum ! Let stand for 24 hours before adding to your ice cream !!
I read somewhere this rum and raisin mixture helps arthritic knees. Has anyone found this to helpful?

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are a ton of recipes online. One that tastes just like Wendy's frosty's is 1/2 gallon chocolate milk, 1 can sweetened condensed milk(whisked together) fold in 1 container of cool whip. Makes quite a bit. I tried it once with no ice cream freezer and you have to beat it every hour to keep ice crystals from freezing - it was a lot of work that way, but was so good.

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
I use my vitamix to make ice cream (well healthy ice cream)...frozen strawberries, sweetener of choice (we use maple syrup), milk (I've used kefir and some coconut milk or almond milk)....whirl and eat immediately. It is a good way to get kefir in me when I don't really like it but its good probiotics.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
For somewhere on the internet ... Fill a quart jar with loosely packed golden raisins. Now fill the jar with rum ! Let stand for 24 hours before adding to your ice cream !!

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
We like orange and lime sherbet. Most of the online recipes are good and nearly identical. We use fresh fruit for the flavors.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

JayGee
Explorer
Explorer
All I have ever tried was the vanilla. It was great. Great texture and flavor.
Recipe

I guess it was important to follow all the directions. I have had good stuff every time.
Jaygee

2005 Bounder 35E on F53 chassis