Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to Choose Your Perfect Steak

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
How to Choose the Perfect Steak: All Your FAQs Answered
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
6 REPLIES 6

DReisinger
Explorer
Explorer
Ketchup, What a way to ruin a good steak

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
That was a good, straight forward article! Thanks!

MNGeeks61
Explorer
Explorer
Great article. I may have to try the sous vide idea... I have a smoker.

Also we have a good grille at our seasonal lot. I can easily get 'er up to 700 degrees. Works well when I do it right. Sear for 3-5 minutes per side, flip grill open, cover the meat with foil and let rest for 7-10 minutes. Came out medium, which is how she likes it. Mine was closer to medium rare.

We had some really good filets last week. She likes to "add flavor" (ketchup) to hers while I prefer mine with just pepper and/or a bit of Mrs. Dash.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a Porterhouse last night for Memorial Day. It is a t-bone with part of the filet on it. Yippee.

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
Nice, good info..
Thanks for sharing it.. will try it soon...
Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10โ€™ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow Nโ€™ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Very informative.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad