cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cooking surfaces and tools, What's your favorite to use!

BlackSeriesUS
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are plenty of "Favorite" cooking appliances out there, the top one probably being the barbecue. Beside your barbecue, what else do you like to cook with? What special cooking surface do you like to use.
For me, when my son was in the Boy Scouts, I learned a lot of the ins and outs of the Dutch oven. So for me, my cast iron Dutch oven with the fancy BSA emblem lid is my favorite. I even use it at home and try to cook different foods in it so that I can cook it again while camping.
What's Yours?
23 REPLIES 23

BlackSeriesUS
Explorer II
Explorer II
Diamond c wrote:
I too love Dutch ovens, I have 5. I don’t get to use them as much as I would like, but then I can say about the 5th wheel.

5!! Wow!! Our Scout troop had 5, but that was a Scout troop. That's a true commitment to the Dutch Oven! I always thought it was cool when they would stack the ovens to cook everything.

BlackSeriesUS
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've thought a lot about purchasing a Blackstone. I am thinking about replacing my outside two burner stove with it. Looking at the response for the Blackstone, I may just have to do that.

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
Blackstone. Whole meal can be cooked on one unit. Also have gas grills. If doing the rare thing that can't be done on the BS then would use gas grill and stove.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Another vote for the blackstone. Other than a pretty pattern, does great on just about anything...and try to make eggs or pancakes on a gril.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
I can cook almost anything on the Blackstone. I carry an old grate from my Weber and lay it on the Blackstone to get grill marks. Seeing is believing and it magically becomes bbq'd. 😉
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
Camping is a Blackstonw, and Weber Q100, and at home a BGE and Blackstone. I do use cast iron in my BGE
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

sofive0
Explorer
Explorer
Just depends on the mood i'm in for me and what the craving is. May be something Dutch Oven, Flat top grill, or Charcoal. Again, just depends mainly on the moment.
2018 Ram 3500 Carolina Customs Flatbed w/gooseneck hitch, 6.7ltr Cummins Diesel Engine
2013 Heartland Sundance 3400QB
Eaz-Lift 15" Gooseneck Adapter

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Blackstone griddle and Weber q1200 is all we need.

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad
I too love Dutch ovens, I have 5. I don’t get to use them as much as I would like, but then I can say about the 5th wheel.