Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Changing fridge?

Fourkidletts
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,

I'm interested in this trailer being sold locally but it only has a 6cf fridge/freezer. After seeing ones with 8's and even 10's I'm thinking this is too small. (big family, this will be 'base camp' if you will, with other tents) Looking at this model, is it possible to change out the fridge? Or, there's so much counter space, could I add a counter top fridge, or even something for outside that could run on propane? Our first TT so I don't even know how that would work. What are some options I have?

Thanks!

2018 Cruiser

Fridge photo
6 REPLIES 6

Fourkidletts
Explorer
Explorer
Mitch, really good info! I've been researching TT's for quite a while and have never seen the location of the fridge being discussed. I think I'll hold out for an 8, that is NOT in the slide! Thanks for the valuable info.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is it a DM 2652 in the rig you are looking at? Looks like the same one I have in my Rockwood. My fridge is in the slide too and Pretty sure mine is only the 6 CF size..

Not much more room for a larger one.. And I really would not want one, as it's hard enough to keep this thing cool when it gets really hot outside..

Slide fridges don't have the advantage of a top vent where the heat just flows out naturally...

In the slide, the fridge has to have an upper vent and try to expel the heat horizontally.... Which is not really natural..

I had to add a dual fan setup in the upper portion to help keep my fridge cool, and the heat up there was WAY more then I ever had with my old TT that vented thru the top..

Anyway, unless you want to spend a ton of $$ on replacing a $1200 6CF fridge with another $1500 8CF fridge (or whatever they would cost??), plus all the mods it's gonna take to make it fit... (even if it will fit) go for it! ๐Ÿ™‚

Ice chests still work and you can get those Yeti ones that cost over $300 for a little thing and maybe store some more ice??

Our little fridge works fine for us.. Yes, you might have to keep the stock low and shop for more depending on your food intake needs, but is it gonna be worth the expense??

This is what I had to do to keep my fridge cool in hot weather... Slide fridges SUCK... But, I love the slide room I get, so that's the trade off I guess... ha, ha..

Good luck, Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

Fourkidletts
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies, I'm not even sure if this can have a bigger fridge because it's in the slide with the dinette. I think I would regret a 6 if I got it!

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
I'd get the 10 but you will most likely be remodeling the cabinets so it will fit.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
We found a 6cf too small for 2 people. 8 is better, 10 better yet.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
For a TT of that size...26 feet...thatโ€™s about all that is on the market. With only 44 gallons of fresh water and a big family, thatโ€™s an issue too.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad