Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Air Fryer French fries

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
I have only use red potatoes.

Cut them up and put them in a bowl.

Sprinkle with more salt than you would normally for serving. Then mix them up and leave them set for a good half an hour to an hour. If there is a teaspoon or more of water in the bottom of the bowl. Go to the next step

I remove the potatoes. Drain the bowl, rinse the bowl & put them back in and spray them a bit with olive oil. Mix them up a bit and they are ready for air frying @400 for 15 to 20 minutes.

Some folks would rinse and dry them like you do when you โ€œde-burpโ€ cucumbers. That would work also. It would produce less salt at the end.

A note: I use parchment paper quit often in the air fryer. Less clean up.
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD
6 REPLIES 6

JasseJackson
Explorer
Explorer
French fries... not interesting..
better baked cauliflower!!

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
AJR wrote:
The parchment paper has holes in it. It is placed under the food. They come in different diameters to fit the bottom of the bowl.

The salt trick removes water from the surface of the potatoes. They have more of a fried look when done.

OK-- the parchment I have comes in rolls... I see they have round ones with perforations available online.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
The parchment paper has holes in it. It is placed under the food. They come in different diameters to fit the bottom of the bowl.

The salt trick removes water from the surface of the potatoes. They have more of a fried look when done.
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Question on the parchment paper.... my air fryer has a perforated bottom and multiple slits on the sides. I figured they all played a part in the convection cooking process. Where do you put the parchment ... just on the bottom of the bowl or up along the sides too ?
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
It sounds like a trivial step, but drying the potatoes with paper towel (as per manufacturers recommendations) before putting them in the air fryer really does make a BIG difference.

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
we bought an air fryer about 6 months ago. great kitchen gadget. i use at home all the time also. i might turn our big over on once or twice a week and i cook dinner for my wife and i practically every night. i have cooked endless things in the airfryer. meats, veggies, potatoes etc etc. yes the parchment paper is the way to go.