Will appreciate any and all input.

Thanks, in advance!
18 REPLIES 18

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Bobbo wrote:
lostscout wrote:
I bought a new 2014 Vista a couple of years ago. Winnebago advertised that it had battery shutoff, but it had only one. I asked them to maked good on their ad but no luck.

I'm confused. What do you mean by "only one"? I have never known an RV that had more than one. One shuts off the house batteries. You don't shut off the chassis battery. What else is needed?

Not trying to be a S****-A**, I would really like to know.

Our 87 Pace Arrow had a chassis battery shutoff, as well as the house, but not sure of how many of the later models do, with any brand.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
We had a Winnebago Vista and now have a Winnebago Sightseer. Have absolutely loved them both. Can't really comment on the others. We did look at a Hurricane at an RV show when we were shopping around. A lot for the money, but did not have good reviews. To get that much for the money they have to cut corners somewhere.

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a new Winnebago Adventurer in 2004 and I still own it. I've had extremely good luck with my coach to the point I don't want to trade it in.

creeper
Explorer
Explorer
Purchased a 2015 Suncruiser in April. Nothing but issues. Winnebago basically gave us the brush off. Ended up speaking with the guy in charge of the entire south east for service. ZERO help.

We have a rattling door issue that seems to be very common, yet no one knows the fix. Click here for ratting

The Gm admitted that it was not their first Winnebago with that issue.

Paint peeling off, poor workmanship. Rusty welds, tons of rattles,missing parts, parts falling off, electrical issues, slide out issues, etc.. etc.. . Been in the shop more then its been in our possession. You might want to look elsewhere.

There is a blog out there where a guy ordered a custom painted Winnebago Tour, the quality was so bad he never took delivery. He now owns an Allegro Bus.

TomB_
Explorer
Explorer
Owned a mid 80's Chieftain 23' back in the early 90's & wore it out in 99. It took all the abuse I could give it & it only cost me 1 tire. Now we own a 99 Adventurer & it's holding up well with only a few minor issues. So as far as longevity, Winnebago sure seems to be able to go the distance. The only thing I would change about our current coach would be to have bought the one with 2 bathrooms & slide outs rather than the one we have, but that's hindsight for you... :B

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
We did some shopping last summer when we were thinking about moving to a motorhome from our current fifth wheel and were completely disappointed in what we found. There was broken furniture, moldings on the floor when we walked in, slide outs that did not work construction scraps and wiring hanging out, check engine lights on test drives, drivetrain noises and these were not only Winnebago's but they were no better, we even looked at entry level Winnebago diesels which to me seems under powered and also seemed to lack quality. the whole shopping adventure opened ours eyes and we have decided to stay with what we have until we can afford a upper level coach maybe a few years old that has the quality and power we thought we could find in new gas coaches. Just what we found .
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

Hikerdogs
Explorer
Explorer
lostscout wrote:
I bought a new 2014 Vista a couple of years ago. Winnebago advertised that it had battery shutoff, but it had only one. I asked them to maked good on their ad but no luck. They just keep saying it does not have both shutoffs. Also just now the decals on the drivers side are cracking and falling off. I live 4 miles from the ocean, its never been power washed and it stored in full covered parking. This is not my first Winnebago (3 prior) but its my last. Good luck.

Maybe you should have read the brochures more thoroughly:

http://winnebagoind.com/resources/brochure/2014/2014-Vista-Digital.X.pdf

The 2014 Vista brochure clearly states that the dual battery shutoff is not available on the 26HE and the 31KE. "Battery disconnect system (chassis) (NA 26HE, 31KE)"

According to your profile you have a 26HE
Hikerdogs
2013 Winnebago Adventurer

afrescopXx
Explorer
Explorer
My 2013 Sunstar has two cut off switches, one chassis and one coach. Both are off when I store the RV. Most RVs have parasitic battery drain on either system whether it be the propane detector or a dashboard clock. About once a month, if the RV has not been used in a while, I will plug it in for a day or two to recharge the batteries. Winnebago does not recommend leaving the RV continuously plugged in periods of storage.

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Bobbo wrote:
lostscout wrote:
I bought a new 2014 Vista a couple of years ago. Winnebago advertised that it had battery shutoff, but it had only one. I asked them to maked good on their ad but no luck.

I'm confused. What do you mean by "only one"? I have never known an RV that had more than one. One shuts off the house batteries. You don't shut off the chassis battery. What else is needed?

My Monaco has two battery disconnect switches. One for the house and one for the engine.

The engine one is important because if I don't disconnect the battery it will last about two weeks and then I can't start the engine.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
lostscout wrote:

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

deeange
Explorer
Explorer
I have purchased a 1998 28' winnebago that was a big water bucket could never keep the rain out winnebago sealed it a few times and would not last long at all.

2003 Airstream Land Yacht 30'

RckyMtnVia
Explorer
Explorer
I love our Winnebago, but it does not have Schwintek slides. On another forum there is a survey of W owners who have had problems with the Schwintek slides and 56% have had problems. I think Winnebago makes a great rv with good fit and finish, but I would never buy a Winnebago with a Schwintek slide.
2022 Forester MBS 2401B

tjfogelberg
Explorer
Explorer
RVConsumer group may offer insights. Much info is anecdotal but it is better than nothing. We are going to the Hershey show in '16 and will come up with a top 3 list for our new Class C. Then we will compare everything and look for campers with RVs on our list and ask for feedback around the campfire. May stick with Lazy Daze if we can't find something better. All the manufacturers are so backlogged because of the strong demand that one has to wonder what kind of pressures are coming to bear on the manufacturing side.

viajante
Explorer
Explorer
I have owned two Winnebagos, a 2004 Minnie Winnie and my current 2008 Itasca Sunrise. They have both been great rigs. The Sunrise did have some issues, but Winnebago stepped up to the plate and took care of it.

I have been hearing more and more complaints about the quality of recent Winnebago products and their failure to address the issues. I don't have any personal knowledge of that.