cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winnebago Inverter NLA

mmccray100
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1999 Winnebago Chieftain. I somehow left my surge protector at my home base in New Mexico, and of course for the first time I plugged into a bad outlet.
It took out my transfer switch, which has been replaced. Everything worked until it didn't.
2 days after the TS was replaced I noticed my cabin lights seemed dim. The next morning, I had no 12v. Since no 12V, all the appliances that need 12V to power their circuit boards no longer worked... Refer, Thermostat (no AC), hot water heater, and no lights.
Checking the circuit breaker panel, I saw the breaker labled "Refer/Inverter" was tripped. I reset it, heard the "growl" of AC arc and it tripped again. The "growl" came from under the Refer where the inverter is located.
The Winn part # is 099048-03-00. No Longer Available per Winn parts. I'm hoping someone has been here before me and can help me with a suitable replacement part information.

TIA for your help
Mike
3 REPLIES 3

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
Since you are right outside Houston, TX, drive over to PPL Motorhomes and tell them what you need.
Checked the Winnebago website and you are looking for a 130 watt inverter, probably for the TV. They can be picked up at almost any department store or auto parts store. You may not find a 130watt, but you will probably be able to find a 200 watt for around $40.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
mmcray and Brave,

Good so far, but I really suggest that you get the newer 9230 from Progressive Dynamics.
91XX are good converters, but to be great, you need to add the "Charge Wizard" and extra part...
92XX Have the Charge Wizard built in.
Actually any good multi-stage (like 3 or 4 depending on how it is counted) will do well.
There are also other brands like Iota.
Both Iota and PD are American companies and warranty or repair is simple.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
You posted the same request yesterday. Go to the Winnebago website and in the lower right corner are links to the manuals for your RV. When I updated my 95 Winnebago's converter I used a Progressive Dynamics 9160.