Explorer
What do all of you do for a windshield sun block
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member
9 REPLIES 9

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
We like our magna shade...after initial set up (youtube) it is easy on and easy off. You can see out of it but no one can see in unless it is night time and you have lights on. Cuts down on heat in front. Expensive but I would get it again.

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have one that snaps on the outside-like my bug shield. + I have the inside curtains.

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
There are multiple ways to stop the sun. I prefer the black mesh exterior type and I have found that many large RV parks know someone who will custom make them for you on site. I had a set made in the Houston area and nearly every large RV rally will have someone there. I have never used the Magna-Shade but they can be easier to install and remove depending upon the size of your windshield.

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
jhlady wrote:
two words, Magna Shade. Google them. Expensive, but worth it.

Hope this helps.

Magna Shade is great. I don't always use it but if we are camping in the summer (in Florida) in the direct sun, it makes a big difference in the temp in the front of the motorhome. Plus, you can see through it from the inside but can't see in from the outside (during the day). They are pricey but made very well and fairly easy to put on once you get the hang of it.

Burch
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
MagneShade is worth the cost.

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I had the super big spring shades for my Class A.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
The previous owner of our coach had a boat upholstery shop sew up an exterior windshield cover from an 85% light transmission mesh fabric that snaps in place. I use a step ladder to snap it on, but I can take it down from the ground using my awning rod.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

jhlady
Explorer
Explorer
two words, Magna Shade. Google them. Expensive, but worth it.

Hope this helps.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I used reflect-x (you can get it at RV dealers)

Problem is you can't see through it but I had a "nose" camera (like a dash camera) OUTSIDE the RV and thus could use the front TV as a "Windshield" when parked.

Made a big difference.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times