cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windshield Shades

Jay58
Explorer
Explorer
Any comments on the best windshield shades, Been interested in the magna Shade Need to get one sood, one pc, 120 inch wide windshield
2020 Jayco Precept 34G

Central Florida (East Coast)
13 REPLIES 13

Jay58
Explorer
Explorer
Back to say we love the newly added Magne-Shades for windshield and driver and passenger side windows.
2020 Jayco Precept 34G

Central Florida (East Coast)

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Magna Shade didnโ€™t want 50 more holes for snaps with 50 more leak potential to cause damage. Also no ladder needed and goes up and down in 30 seconds

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at the MagnaShade and I'm sure it's a good shade. However, for about the same cost ($700) of a MagnaShade for the windshield I was able to get SunGaurd shades for the windshield, 4 tire covers and covers for every other window on my Canyon Star plus 2 mirror covers and 2 windshield wiper covers.

I opted for the turn button attachments instead of the snaps and I really like them. They stay put in any wind and I have every single window in the motorhome covered not just the windshield. Takes me about 10 minutes on the ladder to put them up. It did take a few hours to do the initial installation but wasn't difficult at all.

And they didn't include an implanted medical device warning.
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, the MagneShade works to keep the heat down by stopping the sun from coming in. It is also nice that you can see out during the day. It is easy to put on and there is no drilling for connectors.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
Any window screen on the outside will really help to cut down the heat in the front of the coach. Magna Shade has the best design but is very expensive as compaired to others. I use the Magna Shade because I refuse to put fasteners around the wind sheild. With the shade on my coach it is about 10 degrees cooler in the hot Florida sun.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't know about MH, but on all my old Petes, it helped to put AC on max cool before shut down. This closed the doors to keep outside air out.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Love our MagneShade. Easy up and down. No climbing. One person can handle it. Large gusts did not remove it. Cuts a lot of sun. Still get a reasonable view. Worth the expense for us.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
MetalGator wrote:
I am now intrigued by the MagnaShade. The only thing that I don't like about our motorhome vs our old travel trailer is the front of the motorhome stays warm during the Florida heat in the summers. The back of the motorhome stays cool but the front is always several degrees warmer.

For those that have the Magnashade, does it really cut down on the heat in the front of the motorhome? I looked at them and they are pricey but if they significantly cut down the heat, I think it's worth the price.

absolutely. I think that any of the similar windshield screens will perform about the same in blocking heat from the windshield. what sold us on the MagneShade was the ease of putting it up and taking it down. no holes to drill, no ladders to use..EZ. and the magnets hold even in heavy wind. we were stuck in Amarillo for 5-6 extra days 2-yrs ago because of very heavy winds. our MagneShade was not affected.

as I posted earlier the only criticism I have is the wand used to lift the shade to the top of the windshield. but it's easily replaced with something else. beyond that I can tell you that the MagneShade delivers what it promises.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am now intrigued by the MagnaShade. The only thing that I don't like about our motorhome vs our old travel trailer is the front of the motorhome stays warm during the Florida heat in the summers. The back of the motorhome stays cool but the front is always several degrees warmer.

For those that have the Magnashade, does it really cut down on the heat in the front of the motorhome? I looked at them and they are pricey but if they significantly cut down the heat, I think it's worth the price.
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)

chindog
Explorer
Explorer
We've been using our MagneShade for about 3 years, and still love it. It really cuts down on the inside temperature when the sun is blazing, and it's so easy to to put up and take down.
2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2012 Honda CRV toad

dreamer
Explorer
Explorer
We've had our magnashade a couple of years and would recommend it. It's pricey but my son says you can't put a price tag on cool! lol

dreamer.
'07 HR Scepter - 400HP
'02 Tracker
'02 Honda Reflex
'16 Chevy Silverado - M&G Brake System
'17 RZR 900 Trail
'17 RZR 1000 High Lifter

How does it feel
To be on your own
With no direction home
Like a complete unknown
Like a rolling stone? - Bob Dylan

mikey52
Explorer
Explorer
We love our Magnashade.
2013 Discovery 40x
2016 GMC Canyon
2011 BMW R1200RT

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
count us in as very happy magneshade users. first time out with it it was a bit frustrating trying to get it applied but it became EZ once i realized that it goes under the wiper blades and not over them. now i can get it on the windshield in about a minute. it takes longer to fold it and put it away than it does to put it up and take it down. my only gripe or criticism is the wand used to put it up...a bit too flimsy but so far it's working.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle