cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windshield cover

stargirl96
Explorer
Explorer
What are some options for windshield covers other than the privacy curtain that comes with most Class C's? We're looking at vinyl ones that adhere to outside of windshield and side windows with magnetic fasteners. I've never talked with anyone that has this type of windshield cover. What are your opinions? BTW we live in Oklahoma and it can be windy!
18 REPLIES 18

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
FunTwoDrv wrote:
We have the solid white cover that works very well. The down side is it severely limits our outside view. So last year, we ordered one of these, works great and is really easy to install.

Gary

We also have one of those. Works very nice. Shade Pro.

txnese
Explorer
Explorer
I've used the ADCO 2407. The ends are secured by the doors and the lower front is tucked under the windshield wipers. Works well for me.

FunTwoDrv
Explorer
Explorer
We have the solid white cover that works very well. The down side is it severely limits our outside view. So last year, we ordered one of these, works great and is really easy to install.

Gary

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
We got the WeatherTech type sun shade that fits inside and reflects the sun. The MagnaShade sides for the cab windows and praise them both. Then sun shade is rather typical as it fits inside the window and reflects the heat. The side screens aren't cheap, but are great. They let in some light, give you privacy, and allows air flow. No additional snaps, glue nor tape needed.
That's what we use!
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

stargirl96
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all your replies. I noticed CW sells a brand called Elements which looks very similar to the ADCO brand cover mentioned here. Anyone familiar with the Elements brand windshield cover for Class C's?

StingrayL82
Explorer
Explorer
ADCO covers are great, if you have a new coach. I bought one for our Monaco and it doesn't fit worth a hoot, because they didn't figure in the side view mirrors, of which there were several styles. At some point the Mrs. is going to cut the cover, to fit around the mirrors, and then sew hems to the areas she cut.
Fred
Retired Army Guy
2005 Monaco LaPalma 37PST
Workhorse W24 chassis
8.1L Vortec
Allison 2100 MH
Onyx Color Scheme

PSW
Explorer
Explorer
We love this inside cover. They are reasonably priced and available to custom fit most vehicles including Ford 450s. We use it for privacy when camped and for sun reflection as well. We just pull the privacy curtains to cover the side windows. Call them if you exact vehicle model doesn't show up in their drop down menu. Very helpful folks.

https://eclipsesunshades.net/
PSW
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 2350
2014 Jeep Cherokee behind it
and a 2007 Roadtrek 210P for touring

jimx200
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
I like mine the ADCO 2507 as seen in my profile picture,the way you can open it up during the day and see out and cover at night for privacy,also with the side window screen you can roll down the window and get more air in when needed.

I have used it out at our beaches and deserts where it can get very windy and it has has stayed on with no problems.

It's exactly what we use and love it. Quick and easy to cover and easy to fold.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
OFDPOS wrote:
X4 on the Adco cover.
Use it 99% of the time while camped in RV parks.
Otherwise we use a homemade style curtain with little clamps and just clamp each side just below the overhead.

My thinking on the curtain clamped up when we stay in a Cracker Barrel parking lot or Walmart etc. If something don't look right or sound right , we can just take down the curtain and off we go.
With the Adco style cover you would have to get out of the MH and remove it.

X2
on not using it for when you are just parked for a rest stop or overnight outside of a CG. For the same reason.

Class C's are vans! I just went to Walmart and bought a van size windshield sun shade. They fit the front window exactly. I use this while parking in transit and then put the Adco cover on when parked.

I leave the sun shade up as it acts as an additional insulation for the sun in summer, and keeping the cold out in winter.

Mine has a palm tree scene on it. Looks a little classier from the outside than a piece of that foil paper stuff! :C

P.S. I also bought 4 more because 'they fit perfectly under the day night shades' on the 4 windows in the coach. Makes a BIG BIG difference if you are trying to keep out 100 degree plus heat in the summer. Easy to pull out or slip in as the sun rises and sets over your coach.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use this one and am pretty happy with it. http://www.campingworld.com/class-c-windshield-cover-with-mirror-cut-outs-ford-1996-and-up
Bought it from a gentleman at a COE CG in TN, he had bought the wrong one, (he had a Chevy).
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
I have the ADCO cover, and would use that if camping where it's really hot outside, but would find it a pain if it rained and I wanted to remove it and store it.

The flimsy inside window covering does not create perfect privacy, but is ok for sites where there is no-one nearby looking in.

By far the best is the behind seat cover from side to side. Very quick and easy to put up and to stow away. The cover would droop in the middle and I did not want hooks there. I purchased four magnets with holes in them and screwed two into the removable top section. The other two are in a cloth tab connected to the screwed in ones. I just put the cover in between the two magnets on each side of the ladder, and it holds up just fine.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
X4 on the Adco cover.
Use it 99% of the time while camped in RV parks.
Otherwise we use a homemade style curtain with little clamps and just clamp each side just below the overhead.

My thinking on the curtain clamped up when we stay in a Cracker Barrel parking lot or Walmart etc. If something don't look right or sound right , we can just take down the curtain and off we go.
With the Adco style cover you would have to get out of the MH and remove it.

Emily_Eisenman
Explorer
Explorer
X3 on the Adco cover. Best solution by far.
Jack & Emily Eisenman
1992 Airstream Sovereign 21'

Previous: 2014 Winnebago Sightseer 30A
Previous: 1992 Foretravel Grand Villa U-225
Previous: 2004 Monaco McKenzie Rogue
Previous: 2000 Four Winds Funmover Toy Hauler

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
X2 Adco cover all the way!

Covers both windshield and side windows.

Plus it looks real nice instead of those silver foil sheets that really don't cover ALL of the windows anyway.

Adco cover Keeps the heat out in summer and the cold out in winter. Makes a big difference how hard your ac or heater has to work.

And before you shut the MH engine off, turn off a/c and heat dials to make sure all the vents are closed.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.