Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which FRED? - Monaco Vesta or Allegro Bay 35 TSB

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

We are considering the purchase of these two motorhomes. We have found two used ones, low mileage, great condition and within our price range.

We are leaning toward the Vesta (even thought it is an orphan) as we like the styling, air ride suspension, and higher GVWR/GCWR.

Any thoughts you all might have, pro/con, to help us with our decision would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dan
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.
5 REPLIES 5

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Team,

Thanks for the inputs. We do like the Vesta. IMHO the interior craftsmanship easily beats the new Tiffin we toured this weekend.

DW likes the interior design (light wood, European design). I like the exterior, carrying/towing capacity, and overall look of the outside.
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
The Vesta was Navistar thing to help bring Monaco back and it did sell for a bit, but when ARG took it, they basically let it go as it competed with their Fleetwood products....The Vesta is a good coach, but the Tiffin is a better supported coach..However, Vesta will be supported by ARG but not the originals who designed it in Oregon. Depending on where you are and which coach handles better, I wouldn't be afraid of the VESTA if you are near one of the service centers that ARG operates or better yet, Alliance Coach in Wildwood FL that knows these products very well. Or one of the Elkhart shops or Oregon shops that know these products...Drive both and see which one you like better...go with that one...either way you won't be alone.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

Isaac-1
Explorer
Explorer
I think Orphaned is a fairly good statement give REV Groups lack of support for "legacy" Monaco products, particularly since shutting down the Oregon based support department a few months ago.

This is not to say Orphaned is a bad thing, most support information is available from a variety of sources online. (I too own an Orphaned product built by Monaco, a 2002 Safari Trek)

p.s. One thing I don't like about the Vesta is the small fresh water tank capacity (at least some years only had 50 gal fresh water tanks)

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
Mr. Mark, sorry that is correct, Orphan is an overstatement. They just do not make that model anymore.

Wife really thinks the Vesta is cool.....loves the euro interior. I like the outside and the workmanship. The inside wood work is very well done. IMHO much better than the new Tiffin we looked at this weekend.
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
REV owns Monaco so it's not an orphan. I, too, like the look of the Vesta.

Good luck,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins