cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What to use for GPS

viajante
Explorer
Explorer
Went to update my Garmin (RV 760) this morning. I got sent to a site that wanted to charge me for updates. This unit is supposed to have lifetime maps. Any advice on how to get those updates ? Failing that is there an app to use on a phone that is reliable and reasonably priced ?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
34 REPLIES 34

viajante
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. It appears Garmin is using another company for updates, which requires charging me again. That really stinks...

What about cell RV map apps? We love google maps as they always have the latest info. Unfortunately, Google does not provide assistance to rv'ers! Used Google one time in Oregon for our motorhome and ended up on a road only wide enough for us! Really hairy.

So anyone out there using a cell app that gives RV map info that they like?

Dave

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
Had a Garmin unit, found out what 'lifetime updates' meant. Updates til the storage media in the unit is at capacity. Built in obsolescence I guess, never replaced it.

Mondooker
Explorer
Explorer
I like CoPilot for RV but Iโ€™m with wildtoad, call Garman and find out whatโ€™s up?

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I've been using Google Maps on my phone to navigate the country. Normally it shows me 3 different routes to chose from. It's free and reliable. However, I like to check it against a hard map. I use the Motor Carrier's Atlas, which shows me approved trucker routes.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Did you call Garmin?
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT