cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What ladder do you keep in motorhome

ccrewstx
Explorer
Explorer
We have just bought a new Bounder and need to get a ladder that will fit under it in bins. What ladder do you carry and how long.

Thanks
26 REPLIES 26

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
also the telescoping one but have carpet and strap that is used where the ladder leans against the motorhome. Fits into one of the bays
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
bdpreece wrote:
VoodooMedicineMan wrote:
I found one of these by the dumpster last year. Works great.

There is a reason it was in the dumpster. Had one that I that I laid under my motorhome, the wind blew sand into the hinges and I never could get it to open or collapse correctly again. Finally tossed it. Also never felt safe on it as it did not seem very sturdy,

I have one that works very well. They, GP Logistics, makes 5, 6 and 7 ft with steps on one side or both sides. It folds up so small I never left mine in the sand or on the ground.

bdpreece
Explorer
Explorer
VoodooMedicineMan wrote:

There is a reason it was in the dumpster. Had one that I that I laid under my motorhome, the wind blew sand into the hinges and I never could get it to open or collapse correctly again. Finally tossed it. Also never felt safe on it as it did not seem very sturdy,
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

bdpreece
Explorer
Explorer
RWjSIM2003 wrote:
I carry a little Giant ladder fits in storage of our 5er. Extends to 15ft so easy to get on roof of RV and Very sturdy.

X2
Little Giants are a bit on the heavy side but you don't have to worry about it collapsing on you.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

Isaac-1
Explorer
Explorer
I too carry a telescopic ladder, in particular this one https://smile.amazon.com/Xtend-Climb-785P-Telescoping-Professional/dp/B000JIL4Z8

before buying one watch this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7evGSkOPVg

Breakage is a concern of mine as I use mine to access the top of my windshield on my slope nose 2002 Safari Trek, so have to set it up at a much shallower angle than one would normally use to not have the ladder lean on the glass windshield.

sorry the link button is not working

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I carry a 7' aluminum step ladder in a bin for window washing, etc. I use the factory rear ladder for roof access.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

RWjSIM2003
Explorer
Explorer
I carry a little Giant ladder fits in storage of our 5er. Extends to 15ft so easy to get on roof of RV and Very sturdy.

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
I carry a telescoping ladder that expands to 15'5". If the ladder is intended to get you on the roof safely I recommend no less than a 12' model.
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

VoodooMedicineM
Explorer
Explorer
Bill and Joey the dog

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
We carry one like this. It sits flat in the basement, holds 330 pounds, and is 12.5' high. More than enough to get on the roof of the coach.
Telescopic ladder

swphotobug
Explorer
Explorer
Depends what size. We carry an aluminum 2 step platform ladder(very light weight) we found a Home Depot and a telescoping ladder for higher access.

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Working heights of ladders are about 3' shorter than actual height of the ladder.