cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What do tow behind your Class C?

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Very good question what do people actually tow?
a Pickup in the case of the photo
17 REPLIES 17

DaButcher
Explorer
Explorer
2 door wrangler
2021 Freelander 31MB Class C

NRA Life Member

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
A ford F150 or more often a boat.

2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
2007 and 2008, we towed a 2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder.

2009 to current day has been a 2006 Jeep Liberty 4x4.

whemme
Explorer
Explorer
2016 VW GTI four down.
2002 Born Free 26' RSB Motorcoach
2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS Toad

Richert
Explorer
Explorer
wrangler 4 down
Blake
2019 Sunseeker
2012 Jeep Wrangler Toad
Wife in passenger seat.

Shadow57
Explorer
Explorer
Platinum Coach 2 horse trailer or a flatbed with a side by side.
2017 Forest River Forester 3051S

2014 Ram DRW 3500 Laramie Crew Cab

Healeyman
Explorer
Explorer
HERE is what we tow.

Tim

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
2012 GMC Canyon:

2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L

sprint99
Explorer
Explorer

We tow a 29' inline V-Nose Trailer behind our Class C. Usually is loaded with our 2 UTV's, other times has our racecar or race kart in it.

routeforty
Explorer
Explorer
2021 chevy spark, 4 down. Had base plate installed by etrailer. If you look for a base plate for chevy spark on their website there is a video for it-that's my car.
2018 coachmen leprechaun class c 2008 KZ spree 260FL

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've towed motorcycle trailers {3 different styles} for the last 7 years. Our current {and favorite} is a 6 X 10' - 8' tall cargo trailer. Here is a shot on the new I-11 near Hoover Dam taken on our return trip from Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks:

On this trip I was hauling my Indian Springfield field motorcycle. I have since traded it in for a Can Am Spyder and when we don't bring the Spyder our little Polaris Rzr SXS also fits nicely. The best thing about having the cargo trailer is that for all intents and purposes it is a private garage that follows our Cass C like a faithful puppy {it also tows just fine behind our Honda Ridgeline}. Our toys stay out of the weather and the prying eyes of the bad guys.

In addition to all of the use it gets when we are on the road it has served us well hauling landscaping materials {gravel, rock, lumber, tree trimmings etc.} and when we moved last year I made 8 round trips emptying one house and refilling the new one.

I can easily move it around with the Rzr and just completed a new pad to park it on:

It also makes for a fine quasi permanent garage {for the Rzr or the Spyder} right there alongside the driveway. Here is a shot with the Spyder loaded and as you can see there is still lots storage available:

:B

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
We towed an old Jeep Wrangler, wish I never sold it but daughter needed a more reliable car for college -- so it became a toyota.

Now, wife drives behind me. Only problem is when I go off by myself or with kids, I don't have a dinghy. Maybe someday another Jeep of some kind. Or a tow dolly for our car.

DouglasC
Explorer
Explorer
Tow a 2019 Ford Fusion Energi (PHEV) 4 wheels down. Great tow vehicle!
Doug
2006 Jayco Greyhawk Model 27DS
Towing 2019 Ford Fusion Energi with Brake Buddy

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most often โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ. an airplane, or at least parts of one. Itโ€™s the reason I have a C.