cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

BennieH
Explorer
Explorer
Finished the floor replacement and now working on refreshing the upholstery.
Just the floor, what a difference!
Bob & Pam
2003 Monaco Camelot 40PBDD
Ford Edge or Chevy Silverado toad.

Post your Park Reviews at:
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi all,

Started the packing process for a two week trip.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Changed the route on my next trip so I can pick up my rather recalcitrant Boliy genny. A very stubborn repair person who won't give up has likely (I hope) solved the last issue with it.

There was a single whisker of a wire on the low oil light--it was sometimes grounding--which lead to no start conditions--and sometimes just fine. (I still think I should have been issued an RMA when I asked for one).
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Ran the dishes though the automatic washer in the house.
Regards, Don

piniped
Explorer
Explorer
Pulled out of storage, swept off the spider webs, drove to the coast for a day trip in Bodega Bay.
Jeff & Judy
"Coco Diablo" LH Dachshund X and "Rosalita" Fox Terrier/street dawg X

2016 Itasca Navion 16V, 2006 Saturn Vue-Toad

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Any time I have a brake job and the rubber hoses at the wheel are over 5 years old I replace them. They can break down internally and hold a small amount of pressure on your brakes.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

snowdance
Explorer
Explorer
In the last week and a half I have removed dents and scratches from the hood and belt buckle scratches from the fenders and spot painted them. Buffed it out yesterday and it looks great. Today I painted the step going in. It has the sand paper stuff which is OK so just painted the step with pickup liner paint. Rust-olieum makes one that is really like paint with sand in it. Thought it would work better than plain paint.. I brushed the frame work with straight Rust-olieum paint. I also used my old Ding King to remove some dents.. Have one dent I am going to remove the drivers door panel today and work on. Cab looks great. Almost like new..
Snowdance

We spent most of our money traveling... Just wasted the rest..

Chevy 7.4 Vortex
2000 Jamboree 23b Rear Kitchen

http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowdance38

rehoppe
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
Hi rehoppe,

You may well be right--though I have never ever put the "parking brake" on. I was quite surprized at 91,000 k to have to buy rotors--and the front brakes are in new condition according to the Ford dealership.

I just spoke to the dealership--and apparently with the duals on the back they tend to wear out first.

Hmm. Good to know. I'd be interested to hear of other's history on that count. Normally the fronts do the majority of the braking to help with directionality during hard stops? Thx for the response. Normally the problems have had to do with the front calipers sticking,,, from what I've heard on the forums.
Hoppe
2011 Dodge 1500 C'boy Caddy
2000 Jayco C 28' Ford chassis w V-10 E450
Doghouse 36' or so Trophy Classic TT

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi rehoppe,

You may well be right--though I have never ever put the "parking brake" on. I was quite surprized at 91,000 k to have to buy rotors--and the front brakes are in new condition according to the Ford dealership.

I just spoke to the dealership--and apparently with the duals on the back they tend to wear out first.
Regards, Don

rehoppe
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
Hi,

Took it in for new rear brakes. The front ones after 91,000 kilometers are in new condition. The rear--I'll need one new rotor--they think the other can possibly be "saved". I've decided I'll simply get 2 new rotors.

Wondering if your emergency brake is dragging? I thought the fronts were the 'wear out' ones?
Hoppe
2011 Dodge 1500 C'boy Caddy
2000 Jayco C 28' Ford chassis w V-10 E450
Doghouse 36' or so Trophy Classic TT

Navy_Smoker
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a bike rack, inspected the batteries for water level, and drained and refilled the fresh water tank in preparation of a trip with my DW three granssons next week. I will check tire air pressures Tuesday morning before leaving.
Bill (CDR, USN (Ret))& Kathleen (retired homemaker)
Mingo & Maverick (Aussie Shepherds)
2016 Winnebago Vista
Competition BBQ Team Leader

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Took it in for new rear brakes. The front ones after 91,000 kilometers are in new condition. The rear--I'll need one new rotor--they think the other can possibly be "saved". I've decided I'll simply get 2 new rotors.
Regards, Don

blackfyreterv
Explorer
Explorer
Today I added a simple hook and eye to the door that separates the bedroom from the rest of the coach so I can keep my two male dogs safely separated if I want to leave them inside uncrated while I go somewhere else. They get along great if I'm around but since both are intact I don't take chances when I'm gone.

Hubby also added a new sewer valve today as he wasn't happy with the one that came on the MH.

Our next project is researching back up camera systems, I want to get one installed soon.
BlackFyre Farms-Belgian Tervuren,Laekenois & Arabian Horses make me :B
Bellingham, WA USA

BennieH
Explorer
Explorer
Removed the carpeting from the living area this weekend and installed a vinyl plank floor.
Wow, what a difference! Just need to finish re-installing the dinette. Should have it wrapped up the coming weekend.
Toughest part was getting under the slideout for the removal.
Bob & Pam
2003 Monaco Camelot 40PBDD
Ford Edge or Chevy Silverado toad.

Post your Park Reviews at:
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/

blackfyreterv
Explorer
Explorer
We upgraded from a 24' to a 29' Class C last weekend. Today I made new insulated fan covers and window covers out of a large roll of foil Bubble insulation. The entire roll cost me the same price as buying premade fan covers and a door window cover. Now I have a nice large one for my back window and large side ones for the portion of windows that don't open leaving room to still be able to slide the portion back that does open. Considering summer has finally decided to make an appearance in Northwest Washington state, I've noticed a 7 degree temperature drop inside already ๐Ÿ™‚ (and my hubby thought I was being silly! LOL)

I also bought some 4" wide industrial strength velcro and attached it to the dinette cushions and base so that the cushions would not slide around all the time. I sit at the dinette and use it as an office desk for several hours a day when on the road for extended periods and get tired of having to stand up and shove the cushion back in place every hour or so. This seems to be doing the trick after 5 hrs ๐Ÿ™‚

Lastly I hung a door mirror because we ladies like to see what we look like in a full length mirror before heading out for the day ๐Ÿ˜‰
BlackFyre Farms-Belgian Tervuren,Laekenois & Arabian Horses make me :B
Bellingham, WA USA