cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Exercised the generator today and ran space heater at high to put load on it. Warmed things up nicely and dried it out as it has been really wet this fall and was damp inside. By the way. I was having trouble getting it started. I thought vapor lock as I had primed and tried over and over. I started the main engine and with it running cranked the generator and it took right off. Not sure why but it worked so maybe will help others. Perhaps a vapor lock and running the engine from the same tank released it. Will be heading toward California and Olympics(Vancouver) in January so have it winterized but keeping it ready to go.

BJean
Explorer
Explorer
Went out and looked at it and cryed. Will not be using her for a while.

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
Dropped it off to have the floor repaired after our water filter split last Sept and flooded it.

We stopped by and picked out new carpet and lino, decided since insurance would be paying to have everything taken out that we would have the dinnette replaced with a sofa, the lone single chair taken out and a cabinet built in that spot for the TV and the captains chairs replaced with comfy ones. I had made all new curtains about a week ago, so we are going to have a great new looking RV.

We had a new mattress made and installed 2 weeks ago. After a month on the mattress with a 3" topper on it, we decided that life was too short and ordered a great mattress.

All of this is in getting ready to leave in January. Probably will be about 6 weeks before we get it back. We miss it already.

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
Took the coach out of storage and brought it home...time for a good scrubbing!
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
tboss I got it from Camping World But they have a web site it's
www.strombergcarlson.com I think you can see it there and see how it works Like I said its made to fit a shower opening from 35" to 42" no problem but mine was only 30 I had to cut about 11 1/2 inches out between outside rod I call the company about a male and female hinge mounted it between cut section work great. By the way they sent the parts needed for free and had the in about 4 days Great company to to bussness with
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

tboss
Explorer
Explorer
Crawford where did you get the unit I need one too.. my shower curtain is clinging to my wife when she takes a shower and I cant sleep with all the noise she makes...Yerry

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
I just installed a Extend-A-Shower my shower was really small took off door put up new rod which go out side of shower about 4 or 5 inches curtin on and when finished it reinstalls folding its back inside of shower. I did have to modify it because it was was at least a 35 inch wide mine was only 30 I called the company told them I cut the bar and needed another of there swivels and that I was willing to pay for it not four day later it was in the mail and installed.And I was ready to get rid of it for a larger shower this save me muco bucks and I can like with it for a while longer.
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

webpro
Explorer
Explorer
Put reflective tape on read bumper, changed the oil, had an extra key made.

SKIRMISH
Explorer
Explorer
Installed new front sway bar bushings.

jakedaddy
Explorer
Explorer
I washed and started waxing our rig today. Now I know why I put it off! I should be able to finish the job tomorrow ... I hope.

After that, it's time to winterize and then it's all set for the off-season.
2000 Jayco Designer 2730W
6.8L V10/4R100 (Ford E450 Chassis)
Owensboro, KY
"Livin' Large on a Small Scale!"

ronfisherman
Ripsnort wrote:
ronfisherman wrote:
Spent 3 days washing and waxing MH. Tomorrow put cover on. So MH will be clean when we leave for the south early next year.

Wait, I thought you're supposed to go south in the WINTER, and back home in the SUMMER? That's how my father does it, he lives in Minnesota! ๐Ÿ™‚

Your Father is right. But young Grand kids keep us here until Christmas. If weather is like it was last year. Will not be able to get on the road until after New Years Day. ๐Ÿ˜ž
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

Ripsnort
Explorer
Explorer
ronfisherman wrote:
Spent 3 days washing and waxing MH. Tomorrow put cover on. So MH will be clean when we leave for the south early next year.

Wait, I thought you're supposed to go south in the WINTER, and back home in the SUMMER? That's how my father does it, he lives in Minnesota! ๐Ÿ™‚

ronfisherman
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
Parked the MH in front of the stick house so we could use the facilities. Our house blew the water main, so no water for a couple of days.
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon

Berticus
Explorer
Explorer
Well after I overheated the brakes and lost them till they cooled off, I am setting here and having les schwab look at them. They said that everything looks good but would recommend to bleed the brakes just in case any air got in the lines because of the overheat. After this I will get her ready for the weekend of deer hunting with my boys.

Laters, Robert.
The Setup:
96' Serro Scotty 25'Dodge,4x4,Diesel,Class-C, 86 20' Chris Craft LTD.