cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
Winterized it and put the cover on. Not sure about its future as we bought a TT last week. Felt very sad. lizzie

retraite
Explorer
Explorer
nbking wrote:
Just arrived in Florida for the winter. Starting to do a thorough cleaning and waxing now that I an through the newly paved highways around Georgia.

Plan on cleaning the tires and start the waxing process from the top down.

We have all winter. Will take the time to keep the B company until we head out again somewhere.

Yeah, rub it in. 😉

Cheers.

nbking
Explorer
Explorer
Just arrived in Florida for the winter. Starting to do a thorough cleaning and waxing now that I an through the newly paved highways around Georgia.

Plan on cleaning the tires and start the waxing process from the top down.

We have all winter. Will take the time to keep the B company until we head out again somewhere.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Major exercise today. Took it on a 140 mile round trip to a relatives home. Love driving it!
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

topless
Explorer
Explorer
I got it out for the third time this year. Taking it home to get ready for a quick Denver trip. I wish I could stay gone for a few weeks, but I work for myself and my boss is a jerk.

gkim
Explorer
Explorer
Just back from a 14 day trip from Northern California, through Arizona and then up US395 along the Eastern Sierra. Great trip, and loved our Roadtrek RS. Will take it to the Mercedes dealer for her annual Smog Cert tomorrow and then install an external wi-fi antenna for our laptop docking station in the back cabinet.
1996 Adventurewagon & 2008 Roadtrek RS Adventurous

justinjames
Explorer
Explorer
It was a service day. Got it serviced at the body shop recommended by insurance provider.

PW_gila_monster
Explorer
Explorer
I sat in my Pleasure Way - connected to the internet on the wireless and made a beachfront reservation for next Spring at the best campground for B's on the California Coast. Doheny State Beach where only the B's can park sideways and look out 24/7 to the ocean just 50 feet away. Of course I'm in Arizona where the temp today is 85 (sigh but no beach).

abbyarts
Explorer
Explorer
We camped last night and I tried out the new quick-connect plug for the cable cord-was hard to find (Amazon of course)and worked great, a big improvement over screwing it on. This morning,(sniff)I brought Fabio (that's my PW's name)to the body shop (sniff, sniff) to see what they'd charge to fix the major scratches I put in him when I got toooo close to the decorative campground rocks on our last camping trip. Washing, waxing, winterizing are next on the list.
AbbyArts

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
Today is the designated day to finish the holding tank insulating/heating project. It has taken longer than expected as most such projects do, but the end is in sight today. Just a bit of spray painting and strapping to do and it is done.
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

retraite
Explorer
Explorer
Tesaje wrote:
Yesterday, I loaded it to the gills ...

Hmmm. I went out to look at our "B" and couldn't find the gills. 🙂 Checked the OM - nothing there. Any clues?

So, when we load ours, I'm guessin' it's never "full". ('Cept the tanks of course).

Cheers.

retraite
Explorer
Explorer
landyacht318 wrote:
Also waging another war of attrition with roof gutter rust that I will no doubt lose.

I faced that some years ago. The question was whether to use copper gutters (they get stolen for scrap money all to often), or galvanized. I didn't want aluminum.

So, it was galvanized. Before installing them, and on the ground, I "painted" two coats of liquid fiberglass on the inside, installed them and "touched up" the joints.

No more rust issues. They'll still be up there when I'm dead and gone.

'Twas extra work, but, only once.

They do get a good cleaning a couple of times a year.

Cheers.

DRSFUN
Explorer
Explorer
That is the best part of owning a B. You can drive it anywhere, anytime.

Tesaje
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday, I loaded it to the gills with my friend's stuff so she could moved into my house for 6 weeks until her new place is ready. It sure can hold a lot. Been using it to haul boxes & small furniture to her storage unit. I love how flexible it is.
2006 LTV 'Free Spirit' 210B

landyacht318
Explorer
Explorer
While preemptively replacing my Master Cylinder and flexible brake lines today, I broke a steel line.

The Joy.

Also waging another war of attrition with roof gutter rust that I will no doubt lose.