cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
dkhender wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Installed a headlights on alarm, and a permanent power connection for the TST tire monitor, freeing up the lighter socket.

Dutch -

What/how did you hook-up the Headlights-on alarm? I'm looking to do the same things, as I discovered ours doesn't have the alarm either.

Any problem with hardwiring the TST tire monitor?

The alarm I used, from J.C. Whitney, only requires two connections in the fuse panel, and it comes with adapters to connect to the existing fuse holders. One wire goes to the parking light fuse, and the other to any fuse that's controlled by the ignition switch. The alarm buzzer has a self stick backing, so it can just be stuck on the side of the fuse panel. For the TST wiring, I picked up an ignition switch controlled wire behind the dash and a ground. The wiring harness with an inline fuse and the proper sized plug came with the TST set. In my case, the easiest place to find a good connection point was the feed to the switch for the auxiliary overhead defogging fans, since it was only a short distance to where I've mounted the monitor. Now the monitor wakes up instantly when I turn the key on.

Dutch
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

dunnpe
Explorer
Explorer
Changed out the bedroom TV with a 22" HDTV and added a shelf for a DVD player. The TV is mounted on an adjustable swinging mount and it works real nice, this took a couple of days.

I also just finished my yearly maintenance on the Generator and changed engine oil and filter, lubed chassis and changed small trans filter.

Now I have started to change out the 25" RCA front TV with a 32" HDTV. Took good pictures of what is actually up there behind that old TV. It was eye opening to see the lack of insulation under the front cap. I also removed the steel cage and am modifying it to eliminate the formed plastic enclosure. Not all those details have been completed but I will work out that to make something that looks real nice I hope.
2003 Itasca Suncruiser 33V,
8.1 Workhorse, Koni's
2004 Honda Element

dkhender
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Installed a headlights on alarm, and a permanent power connection for the TST tire monitor, freeing up the lighter socket.

Dutch -

What/how did you hook-up the Headlights-on alarm? I'm looking to do the same things, as I discovered ours doesn't have the alarm either.

Any problem with hardwiring the TST tire monitor?
2007 Four Winds/Thor Hurricane 34B w/ 2006 Chevy HHR TOAD
2002 Ford Explorer --> 2004 Ford Expedition & 2008 Gulf Stream Gulf Breeze 23 TRS
1994 Ford Explorer & Coleman PU

Jackha1949
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a Dirt Devil central vacuum system to keep the DW very happy and me too as well! If she is happy so will I be! LOL!! Learned a lot about how my coach floor is made and put together. I had to drill a 1 1/4" hole from a bay to the kitchen floor underneath one of the dinette seats to run the main vacuum hose to the hose receptacle on the side of the dinette seat. Little scary drilling holes in the floor!
Jack & Peg
USN Ret AGC
K1ZMB
Patrick AFB
2017 Coachmen Leprechaun

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Photo01
Explorer
Explorer
Same as SRT a little earlier. Bought the new License Plate tag today.

Will put it on motorhome tomorrow when I pick it up and bring it home to prepare for leaving on Wednesday for points south!

Lane
1999 Fleetwood Southwind 34N on F53 Chassis, V-10
2009 GMC Canyon Crew Cab Toad
Demco Aluminator Towbar
SMI Stay-In-Play Duo Braking System

pohlcat
Explorer
Explorer
Found something dripping on top of genny. tighened all hose clamps and will monitor.
Marquis Gold 6500LP not meant to be worked on by anyone over 105 lbs.
2003 37' Coachmen Cross Country Diesel
Blue Ox Tow Bar
TST TM-510RV

tommy_wilson1
Explorer
Explorer
changed the oil in the onan, also the fuel filter.
got bloody as usual.
forgot to close the drain valve and lost 3 quarts of oil before i discovered new oil draining into the old oil container??
senior CRS.
tommy wilson
1996 kountrystar dp
spartan mountainmaster chassis

propane1320
Explorer
Explorer
Rich Panganiban wrote:
Post #1000. You guys are AWESOME!!!

D'ohh..

missed the K post! ๐Ÿ˜ž
2003 Winnebago Journey 32T Diesel with propane injection :W
2006 Suzuki XL-7 toad

UTARV
Explorer
Explorer
Said good bye to our old rig and drove our new one home!!! Hope this new one treats us as well (and even better) than the one we just traded. Will try to get pics up soon.

dkhender
Explorer
Explorer
Watched the snow gather on top of the MH .... again .... sigh ...
2007 Four Winds/Thor Hurricane 34B w/ 2006 Chevy HHR TOAD
2002 Ford Explorer --> 2004 Ford Expedition & 2008 Gulf Stream Gulf Breeze 23 TRS
1994 Ford Explorer & Coleman PU

dww8
Explorer
Explorer
Today was a very sad day I had to drop off the MH to the dealer to get some waranty work done. There are some parts that need to be ordered that will take a couple weeks and the actual work will take a couple days and for some reason they expect me to wait my turn while they work on other peoples rigs that planned ahead. I think I will have to find something to do during the time I usually admire or putter on the MH..
Doug and Karen
2007 Newmar Caynon Star 3642 F53 V10
2010 Kia Forte "Toad"
Midnite the wonder dog

BrianinMichigan
Explorer
Explorer
Got on RV.NET to figure out what next I got to do to mine.
1990 GEORGIE BOY 28' 454 4BBL, TURBO 400 TRANS,
CAMPING: WHERE YOU SPEND A SMALL FORTUNE TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON.

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Bought the license plate tab for 2010. Since the temps are only in the 30's will wait for warmer weather to put them on.

5erTrailerTrash
Explorer
Explorer
What I did today was to buy a class A motor home, which I guess is the first thing you can do!