cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your Top 6 Favorite Class A's. By brand plus Model

Chainwright
Explorer
Explorer
So, some folk have 15, 20, 30, 40 yrs of Experience with Class A (Diesel and Gas) Motor home/coaches.
Some folks love Researching the Heck out of a subject (class A RV's) and read tons of reviews and surveys.
So, I gather that if in your yrs of experience you've run across an RV that was a money pit i.e. always in the shop, kept breaking down on the road, Always had something wrong with it (like every month, or 3-6 months) it wouldn't be in your top 6.
OR, if in your research you crunched the numbers on certain Brands or models and found that certain brands and models jumped out at you as being more reliable than others, then pls share your top 6 Favorite Brands+Models (if you can't think of 6 put down 4, it's ok, lol), if you don't mind. Specify if Diesel or Gas if you please. Like always thanks for sharing.
17 REPLIES 17

Chainwright
Explorer
Explorer
Gjac wrote:
What size MH do you want to purchase? Most are assuming you want a 40 ft MH if you want a 30 -34 ft MH you will get different answers.

I can't say I'm opposed to looking at the 32 to 35 range but my heart was set on 36 to 39. I guess to be less confusing my range would be 34 to 40. I don't want to give ANY CG an excuse to deny me access, so I'm looking for the right Class (A), the right size and right age.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
What size MH do you want to purchase? Most are assuming you want a 40 ft MH if you want a 30 -34 ft MH you will get different answers.

Chainwright
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
No one will dispute that the top 2 on this list are:
Prevost
Newell
Everything else is a big step down but depending upon the age of the coach you are willing to buy the next 4 gets a bit iffy.

LOL. Newell and Prevost? and that's it? That's like saying Mercedes and BMW and pretty much everything else is Iffy. Surely you can do better than that.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
No one will dispute that the top 2 on this list are:
Prevost
Newell
Everything else is a big step down but depending upon the age of the coach you are willing to buy the next 4 gets a bit iffy.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

doc_brown
Explorer
Explorer
Newell
Foretravel
American, Eagle
Newmar, Mountain Aire
Country Coach, Magna
Monaco, Dynasty

Only used units, never buy new again.
Steve,Kathy and Josh
Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox

Dog_Trainer
Explorer
Explorer
I wanted a fairly new coach. I wanted to stay under 35' so my options for sites were a bit more open. I wanted good quality and a coach that had good reputation and was not so prone to delam. My choices boiled down to 3 Newmar, Tiffin and Bounder. I toured the Newmar plant and was impressed with how they built there coaches especially the 16" on center and the side wall construction that virtually eliminated the possibility of delam A dealer near to me had a 34'11" Newmar that was 2 years old we made our deal AND ARE HAPPY SO FAR WITH THE NEWMAR.
2016 Newmar Baystar 3401
2011 HHR Toad
Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles , Annie get your guns, our English setter (fur Bearing Children)

Chainwright
Explorer
Explorer
univmd wrote:
Gulf Stream
Alfa See Yah
Coachmen
Thor
Forest River
Nexus

Oh man Alfa see ya? Niiiice, too bad they went out of biz yrs ago.

Gulf Stream, they're nice too, but they're class C's.

Thor: interesting. I didn't think I'd see that in a class A top 5.

Chainwright
Explorer
Explorer
DSDP Don wrote:
Your question is tough since you don't give a price range. My favorite coach would be a Newell or Foretravel, but out of my reach.

Within my price range..

Newmar
Tiffin
American Coach

If still around,
Monaco
Country Coach
Alpine Coach
Travel Supreme

I totally understand. But the great thing about MH's is You don't have to buy the latest model yr. I've seen, as have you, RVs in the 1 million range and 800K range and a yr and 1/2 later they were 40% cheaper. Some have been in the dealer's inventory for 2 yrs, and the dealer wants them gone. These RV's depreciate quick. Also there are some beautiful Used ones out there that are 3 to 9 yrs old with low milage. So if you want that 770k RV, I guarantee you there is one of your liking that may be 6-8 yrs old for approx. 230K.

Bruce_Brown
Mr Mark,
Newmar designed and builds most of their own slide mechanicals, and has since their first slide.

The exception would be their new "More Floor", which was designed and engineered with HWH.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
univmd wrote:
Gulf Stream
Alfa See Yah
Coachmen
Thor
Forest River
Nexus

You cannot be serious...Alfa, are those the five worst??? None would make my top six. After the three I'm not willing to spend a bunch of money on it's the old Monaco, Newmar and Tiffin.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
I honestly don't think one is that much better or worse than the other as many use the same products in their manufacturing process (Slides, leveling, etc).

Of course price range will make a difference...

Upper end:
Entegra-- I see a lot of new Entegra's now, several new ones in my storage garage.
Newmar
Tiffin
REV products (American Coach, Fleetwood, Monaco, Holiday Rambler, etc.)
Winnebago

The more options you get, the better chances that something will stop working or need replacing or servicing.

It's all a labor of love!

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

univmd
Explorer
Explorer
Gulf Stream
Alfa See Yah