cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water leak in middle of aisle 1999 Minnie winnie

SeminoleFamily
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have an idea of where my leak my be conning from. I'm not sure if it's coming from the sink or the ac unit behind the couch. It's right in the middle of the aisle the water lines to the sink seem to be running away from the damp spot. Anyone have any experience or recommendations on this before I start taking things apart. Thank you.
11 REPLIES 11

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
Does the Fridge have an Icemaker? I remember a camper who had a leak like you describe, and it was an icemaker connection in the cabinet under the Fridge.

Any RV fridge I've seen, does NOT have a supplemental unit as your reply suggests. Strange things happen, though. If you can, post a picture of it.

On our Norcold, there's a drip tray under the fins in the fridge. At one end, there's a nipple that matches up with a hole in the back wall of the fridge that's the inlet to that drain tube. If the drip tray isn't pushed all the way back, condensate can leak there, but I think it'll only run down the wall and pool up in the bottom of the fridge. Unless the bottom isn't sealed...

You won't get that water till the fins have accumulated frost and that frost has then melted...
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Juzaxadar
Explorer
Explorer
I had one of these one year from not draining properly and the freeze broke a fitting on the back of my hot water heater which is under/near the fridge. In mine all of the water to the front sink is on one side. So I took out all the drawers and found the source. I was able to find what I needed at Ace Hardware of all places. Their plumbing section, though small, had several fitting that were direct replacements in my 2000 Minnie.
2000 Minnie 31C V10

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,

About strange water leaks that just might apply here........

My brother found water on his carpet in the middle of his motor home. It turned out all 3 of his hot water tank bypass valves were leaking out on the floor, an occasional drip around each valve stem. I advised him to tighten the nut that the stem passes through, on each valve which solved his problem. Just 1/8 of a turn tighter did the trick on each of his valves. Do NOT tighten more than necessary to stop the water from dripping out.

His valves are similar to this one in-concept. See the nut on top, just below the handle? Tighten that one just enough to stop a leak from around the stem.

SeminoleFamily
Explorer
Explorer
I think it's coming from the fridge. There is a machine unit behind the couch that I think is to the norcol fridge.i thought it was part of the AC system. Anyway, when I had the fridge on the carpet got damper. I went to the out side panel and shop vac the condensation tube but it's bone dry and nothing in the cup. The inside of the fridge is empty so I'm not sure where the clogg could be without removing the couch to get to the unit.If anyone has any suggestions on this or experience please let me know. Thank you.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
SeminoleFamily wrote:
ksg5000 wrote:
If the water pump cycles when the faucets are closed - then your leak is associated with plumbing. If the water forms only when it's raining then the leak is associated with roof or window leak. If the water only forms when the air conditioner is running then tighten the 4 bolts that hold the air conditioner to the roof (not too much) - also go up top and make sure the pan under the evaporator coils is properly draining.

I don't hear the water pump when running the water or when the faucet is off. It hasn't rained. Bolts are tight on the unit upstairs. Could it be the refrigerator or the AC unit behind the couch?

If your connected to shore water then your water pump won't turn on. Disconnect from shore water and then turn on the water pump (leave the faucets closed). Water pump turns on when it senses water pressure reduction .. if you have a slow leak then the water pump will periodically turn on for a second or so.
Kevin

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
I don't understand "air conditioner" + "behind the couch." The A/C is mounted on your roof, correct? If so, it drains its condensation onto the roof, then it runs off the closest low spot it can find. So as Kevin says above, go to the roof and verify draining. If your A/C is more than a couple years old, Clean It. Plastic cover comes off, then the ducting at the front of the unit, allowing access to the Evaporator Coil. That Coil drains Condensate into a Tray under it, that probably has a Drain at the Left and Right ends. I find I can hose the evaporator if I use a shield (cutting board, expired license plate) to keep spray out of the discharge area below and forward of the evaporator. You'll soon see if it's draining!

Otherwise, start feeling around, for water drips from piping, probably at the connections. Be careful around the bottom of the sink near the faucets! At least on my cousin's, with a stainless "drop sink," there's a razor sharp edge on a stiffener by the faucet connections.

Refrigerator also has a Condensate Drain. Norcold has a catch cup on the outside of the fridge (through the lower access panel) that's supposed to evaporate before it ever overflows. Dometic uses a tube leading to a dedicated hole that drips on the ground. Many route that tube out the louvers in the lower vent cover.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

SeminoleFamily
Explorer
Explorer
ksg5000 wrote:
If the water pump cycles when the faucets are closed - then your leak is associated with plumbing. If the water forms only when it's raining then the leak is associated with roof or window leak. If the water only forms when the air conditioner is running then tighten the 4 bolts that hold the air conditioner to the roof (not too much) - also go up top and make sure the pan under the evaporator coils is properly draining.

I don't hear the water pump when running the water or when the faucet is off. It hasn't rained. Bolts are tight on the unit upstairs. Could it be the refrigerator or the AC unit behind the couch?

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Kevin

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Put some paper towel on the floor and keep an eye on it. You will see the wetness in the towel before it puddles in the middle.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
is it raining? get on the flr with a light and follow the path.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Is the AC up there close? If so tighten carefully the AC hold down screws