cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water Issues and Leaks

RWjSIM2003
Explorer
Explorer
Well went fulltime in our MH starting 1st of October this year. we had the motor home for about 3 months and used it a lot trying to make sure we had worked out all the bugs before we were out of the house. well no issues until we moved in full time.

we moved in the MH and first day the WH bypass valve broke and water was running out of the water bay. Made a temp fix and ordered part and did repair no big deal.

3 days in noticed water under the sink loose connection on the hot water hose to faucet tightened and stopped leak dried area with small heater

2 weeks in noticed funny sound while in the shower and took the cover off in bedroom wall and found leak to shower faucet. once again tightened the connection and leak stop. put heater in the back to dry out area

3 weeks in noticed funny color around the cold air return vents in ceiling. took off vent covers and found water in the duct work and the ceiling is wet around the vents. This one is going back to the dealer to be repaired. not sure how water has gotten into the duct work may have been there awhile.

MY concern is the water in the ceiling. Anyone had this issue? We are new to the fulltime living and now have to think about where to stay while they repair the issue. So far I am not happy I hate water issues
8 REPLIES 8

bluegypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Our roof AC leaked water into the ductwork. Condensation tray on the unit has two drain holes for water to run onto roof. Ours were plugged, so condensation tray filled up and overflowed. With AC running, dripping water was "blown" into the ductwork.
Bluegypsy (that's the RV's name)

Map shows where we've lived and worked, travelling through doesn't count....

Ray_IN
Explorer II
Explorer II
John Wayne wrote:
Keep an eye on the now repaired rear AC if they tighten the AC bolts so tight they broke, more then likely the rear AC gasket is smashed and may leak. The bolts are just to be snug and checked at least once a year.

A new gasket is highly recommended when replacing or moving a roof-top air conditioner unit,regardless of age. The hold-down bolts should be tightened to 40-45 IN/LB.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom pushed by a 2013 Chevy Silverado K1500 And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you โ€” ask what you can do for your country.John F. Kennedy 20Jan1961

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
Keep an eye on the now repaired rear AC if they tighten the AC bolts so tight they broke, more then likely the rear AC gasket is smashed and may leak. The bolts are just to be snug and checked at least once a year.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

RWjSIM2003
Explorer
Explorer
Well thought I would update this post.turns out the leak was from the rear ac. Th bolts wre broken off and the ac unit was just sitting on the roof. Surprised it did not fly off while going down the road. All fixed now this could have been really bad.

Raymon
Explorer
Explorer
smlranger wrote:
What motorhome, how old? Could be a leak around something on the roof or around the gasket under the roof AC unit/s. Or, condensation from AC units could be leaking into the ductwork if the condensation drain/s are stopped up. Some roof AC units have little sump pumps that lift the condensation out and pump it out drain tubes. If they stop up or quit working, water can run inside via the AC unit.

OP's profile lists 2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40X.

Ray

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
What motorhome, how old? Could be a leak around something on the roof or around the gasket under the roof AC unit/s. Or, condensation from AC units could be leaking into the ductwork if the condensation drain/s are stopped up. Some roof AC units have little sump pumps that lift the condensation out and pump it out drain tubes. If they stop up or quit working, water can run inside via the AC unit.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA

RWjSIM2003
Explorer
Explorer
always have a vent open and leave the fan in the bathroom on when showering. Seems like more than condensation in the vents. I will turn on the fan to that Ac and see if it clears up. Thanks for the advice I will give this a try

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
the water in the ceiling is probably moisture build up open a vent when you shower and run the ac fan more