cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wander no more

Mommalu
Explorer
Explorer
A Happy Camper, took our new to us 2014 Jayco Precept with less than 4000 miles to Precision Frame & Alignment in Elk River MN in hopes that something could be done to tame the bob and weave. Was afraid during the test drive Dick would utter those words I feared "This is as good as it gets". It was close, he stated " yes, typical Ford handling" GASP!! Noooooo, then he sez "there are a few minor things we can do to improve the handling."
It now has road manners! It no longer wanders from shoulder to left lane, So Very Happy! Took about 90 minutes and cost about the price of a full tank of gasoline. He aligned the front end, apparently it was a bit "pigeon toed" greased King Pins and tightened the Stabilizer bars by moving them to the other position Ford provides. It was a delight to drive home.
Thanks to the great wise people on RV.net I found this place. I learn so much from you, this was an easy, affordable fix to a problem that created a great deal of fear and a bit of ownership remorse. Now I need to get busy planning some outings. :B
6 REPLIES 6

Explorer
Explorer
Did you get a computer printout of the alignment when done. If so, it would be interesting to see it posted------------or the final toe-in and caster settings for each front wheel.
Mark

2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U on a Ford chassis, 80,000 miles
2003 Ford Explorer toad with Ready Brake supplemental brakes,
Ready Brute tow bar, and Demco base plate.

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pigeon-toed

having the toes point inward

useful automotive jargon: toed in, or toed out
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

Squealers
Explorer
Explorer
We just had our mechanic move the bars to the other position as well, and can't wait to get it back on the highway for a test drive. Glad your experience was positive!
2006 Four Winds Hurricane 34N
2014 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 Toad

USAF Veteran. 75-81 SAC "Giant Talk" ATC-
Combat Crew Communications

Squealers = Steelers & Arkansas Razorbacks Fan

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
How about posting it here:

RV service Reviews
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Yup, Dick Lorntson is a real pro.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ain't it grand when a real improvement happens.

Dang right monies well spent.
Course that depends on size of fuel tank :B

NOW GO CAMPING!
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31