cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Liquid_Wrap
Explorer
Explorer
Advertising not allowed on rv.net forums.
11 REPLIES 11

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad
DutchmenSport wrote:
I think there is enough "graffiti", in-your-face advertising everywhere. No thank-you!

But is anyone old enough on these forums to remember when the Pall Mall tobacco advertisers use to go around and offer to paint barns for free, provided they were allowed to paint the side with their Pall Mall cigarette advertisement? You don't see that very much any more today. There is still one old barn not too far from where I live that still has the barn with that advertisement. It's encouraging to know, that.. way back then ... at least ... they used long-lasting paint!

No thanks! Not on my RV!

One of my Dad's barns on the farm was painted by Mail Pouch Tobacco.
Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7

grldst
Explorer
Explorer
This part of the country the barns were painted with "See Rock City" ads. Still a few of them around.

By the way...if you're in the Chattanooga area, check it out.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
way2roll wrote:
Tried to report this post to the moderator but received an error. I don't think this kind of post is allowed.

Appears the 'mods' got it anyway. :). But, if you look at his 'name' I think you can figure things out.....Dennis

Yep. There's a link th the OP's business in the profile.
The rules say you can't to that, but.....
Selective rule enforcement, as usual.

Liquid_Wrap
Explorer
Explorer
Dutchman Sport and jfkmk, I remember the Pall Mall barn ads and the Kool Beetles..in Kentucky where I was raiesed, there are lots of barns painted with Redman Chewing tobacco ads have you seen a Shocktop Beetle in your travels? They even have the big orange Mohawk on them

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
I think there is enough "graffiti", in-your-face advertising everywhere. No thank-you!

But is anyone old enough on these forums to remember when the Pall Mall tobacco advertisers use to go around and offer to paint barns for free, provided they were allowed to paint the side with their Pall Mall cigarette advertisement? You don't see that very much any more today. There is still one old barn not too far from where I live that still has the barn with that advertisement. It's encouraging to know, that.. way back then ... at least ... they used long-lasting paint!

No thanks! Not on my RV!

Remember the VW bugs painted to advertise Kool cigaretttes?

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
way2roll wrote:
Tried to report this post to the moderator but received an error. I don't think this kind of post is allowed.

Appears the 'mods' got it anyway. :). But, if you look at his 'name' I think you can figure things out.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a 13 year old coach with 75,000 miles and the front cap looks fine. Not sure why I would spend any of my RV/Camping budget to prevent something that isn't happening.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
No!
2010 Suncruiser

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer

No thanks! Not on my RV!

Son_of_Norway
Explorer
Explorer
I just got done throwing out all of my shirts that had any logo or company name on them. I certainly would not have it on my RV.
Miles and Darcey
1989 Holiday Rambler Crown Imperial
Denver, CO