cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate mini-camper

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
I don't recall seeing this posted here although the article is from 2011, and I can't really tell if these are Class B or Class C. They are a maximum of 11 feet long by 6.6 ft high... by Japanese auto rules.

I want one... I think it would fit in my underground parking garage.

Japanese kei camper
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
49 REPLIES 49

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
LOL... I'm thinkin' we should go back to the idea of removing the vote from males and just let us women decide.

But perhaps a dangerous suggestion on a board dominated by men. :B
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Naio wrote:
Did you use it to travel from town to town, advocating for woman suffrage?!

No, mine was the Contrarian View...I went around advocating the removal of voting rights for men. See poster below. As it turned out, the best we could achieve was the grudging permission for Women to Vote.

Only time, history, and succeeding generations can judge if that was a victory or not!

😉
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Francesca Knowles wrote:
Thought so-

Must've been us you saw- we used to park in the lot behind the church. That's me in my French Maid getup standing next to the engine cowling. 😉

ROFLMAO! At last we meet!

I see I had the wrong century -- that one looks 1870s! Did you use it to travel from town to town, advocating for woman suffrage?!
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Thought so-

Must've been us you saw- we used to park in the lot behind the church. That's me in my French Maid getup standing next to the engine cowling. 😉

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Francesca Knowles wrote:
Naio wrote:
Anybody have an idea what it could have been?

Not without a little more detail....what street did you live on? :B

-laughing-

I think that was when we lived off of Main street... by the old church... does that help?
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Naio wrote:
Anybody have an idea what it could have been?

Not without a little more detail....what street did you live on? :B

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
I would so buy one of those adorable little things!

In the mid-80s, in the US, there was a tiny RV down the street from us. I was a kid, so I don't remember the make, and never talked to the people who had it. I assume it was made in the 70s. Anybody have an idea what it could have been?

ETA: I believe it was a Chinook! Kinda like this one.
Chinook history.

(And, for a lot of fun, put '1970s tiny RV' into google image search :).)

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
free radical wrote:
mumkin wrote:
I don't recall seeing this posted here although the article is from 2011, and I can't really tell if these are Class B or Class C. They are a maximum of 11 feet long by 6.6 ft high... by Japanese auto rules.

Japanese kei camper

Cute litle things !!
One of my relatives in Vancouver BC has Delica van 4x4 with a tiny Diesel engine,,
must be 15 years or older to be allowed for Import here..it's ok in the city but on the freeway it would not be much fun,way too slow!

Due to high taxes for older vehicles japanese prefer buying new ones very often,so finding used in good shape is easy..
Many Japanese are infatuated with all things American including language,unfortunately
Its hard to learn and the translations can be something else..

http://youtu.be/ZXVufnloyCA

Not really American, English language or more like it Japlish Various outside influences can be seen in their taste for Sports. Baseball is big, but not far behind it is Rugby, which the Japanese are not good at. Soccer is big and growing in Japan

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
mumkin wrote:

Japanese kei camper

Cute litle things !!
One of my relatives in Vancouver BC has Delica van 4x4 with a tiny Diesel engine,,
must be 15 years or older to be allowed for Import here..it's ok in the city but on the freeway it would not be much fun,way too slow!

Due to high taxes for older vehicles japanese prefer buying new ones very often,so finding used in good shape is easy..
Many Japanese are infatuated with all things American including language,unfortunately
Its hard to learn and the translations can be something else..

http://youtu.be/ZXVufnloyCA

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Fastpaddler wrote:
Yes. Probably because they are more compact. Length, width and height are big concerns on Japanese roads, especially off the autoroutes.
AL

No more upmarket European cars, BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Ferrari etc.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
AsheGuy wrote:
After driving on a lot of roads in the Appalachian Mountains, I don't find European roads so threatening. Except for that thing about driving on the wrong side of the road. 🙂

Guess I will not be travelling on the roads of the Appalachian Mountains 🙂

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
AsheGuy wrote:
After driving on a lot of roads in the Appalachian Mountains, I don't find European roads so threatening. Except for that thing about driving on the wrong side of the road. 🙂

That's not a problem except when you go to signal a turn and turn on the windshield wipers. 😉
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Davydd wrote:
When we went to England and Wales, Wales especially, I would have been uncomfortable even in a Class B van I think. Many of the roads they called highways were not even 16 feet wide and in Wales they had stone walls with tight to the highway with no aprons. Commercial trucks, buses, etc. had 4 x 4 steel tubes welded to the frame used as a rub guide gauge on the stone walls.

Oh tell me about it:E My sister drove my Wife and myself around Wales and Southern England in a hire Peugeot 308. I was constantly saying "slow down, slow down" "I do not care if the GPS wants us to go that pathway, it is no road" Frightening driving conditions. You thanked your lucky stars when you got onto a A-Road or Motorway