cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trying to locate parts.

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone else having no luck on finding GMC engine parts for your Diesel rig. Looking for a cold intake tubing, exhaust all Parts Houses and companies to make the part ?
6 REPLIES 6

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
OEMcats

Summit racing

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry All ! I just received a new phone! I thought I was on the forum for my specific Coach. I have a 2007 Road Warrior manufactured by Weekend Warrior the engine is a Chev Kodiak 5500 - 6.6 liter Duramax Diesel. The part that I'm in dire need of is a Plastic CAC Cold Air/ Intercooler pipe. Part # 25781940. It bring cool air in to the turbo the tubing rub up against the AC line. I tried mending the plastic, but there a lot of psi going through. I tried for six months and have struck out, GMC is made the part obsolete. Funny but isn't I get parts for my old tractor and my old car, its getting real hard on keep older things. I have tried e-bay, banks and places that have Duramax Diesel parts houses. I like the idea to check a muffler shop will try that anyone suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys !

ronharmless
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried a scrap yard?

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
kmiller wrote:
Has anyone else having no luck on finding GMC engine parts for your Diesel rig. Looking for a cold intake tubing, exhaust all Parts Houses and companies to make the part ?

Well, since your question is about as vague as it gets, Iโ€™ll start the guessing game through process of deductionโ€ฆalthough it takes the fun out of it for me, it might be easier to get actual help if you actually said what vehicle and engine you were looking for. And even calling out the parts by proper names would help, but Iโ€™ll try to guess that too.

Iโ€™ll start with the clues Class C forum, GMC and an oil burner. Since the only GMC powered RVs I can think of since the weird old front wheel drive class A thingys from the 70s (not diesel) are Super Cs, Iโ€™m going with a Duramax Topkick hauling a super C body. Or maybe a slightly more mature vintage with a 3116 Cat diesel (the 6.0 Powerstoke of Cat engines, super finicky )?
How am I doing so far?

Now onto parts. This one is a little more curious since you donโ€™t use real parts names.
But Iโ€™ll start with a few educated guess based on the sparse breadcrumbs.
โ€œCold intake tubingโ€. Guess #1, you watched a re-run of Diesel Brothers from back when they used to be able to build wild diesels and want a โ€œCold Air Intakeโ€ to bump up the milquetoast performance of that Peoria Special or maybe even for a Dmaxโ€ฆ.because ya know, thatโ€™s what all the cool tuner river guys are doing and it used to be a thing on diesels too.
Or guess #2, your rig is somehow old/destroyed/in pieces and youโ€™re just looking for parts to hook an air filter to the turbo.
And a wild guess #3, you are looking for an actual performance intake. Which is wild and unexpected for someone with a RV. And also likely non existent.
Which scenario is it?

On to exhaust, Iโ€™m kinda lost here. Even moreso than with the rest of your query.
Youโ€™ll have a downpipe which can be fabbed but is better had as a factory piece.
Youโ€™ll have a crossover pipe and hardware since my crystal ball says you may have a V8 diesel.
And you have the rest of the exhaust which can be made with simple parts and clamps off the shelf or any exhaust shop can bend ya up an exhaust.

How did I do?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

ronfisherman
Check out Diesel Place lots of information on that forum for different GM diesels.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Not knowing exact model, have you tried ebay

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker