cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toon-Brite clear coat

atsrmf
Explorer
Explorer
I have an older Class A from the late 80s with corrugated fiberglass siding. I recently applied another coat of Toon-Brite to protect the fiberglass and make the motorhome semi-gloss in appearance. This chemical works great and lasts about 2 years or so in sunny, dry climates like mine. On smooth surfaces a sprayer should be used to avoid runs, I used a 3" foam rubber brush.
5 REPLIES 5

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
robatthelake wrote:
I have used Both Red Max Pro and ZEP wet look on my Rig. Neither have yellowed . I also used the same products on a boat .they worked wonderfully on the Hull sides but peeled off on the BowDeck.I attributed that to the extremely bright Sunshine we were getting In the weeks following the application.

Years ago I used Poly Glow on another rig which worked about the same.
Interesting. I used the Red Max Pro on my last rig (in fact, I wrote a pretty detailed how-to on it that many have referred to). Mine definitely yellowed, although it wasn't too noticeable since my rig was tan. Ended up peeling/flaking on the sides that were exposed to the sun. Lots of bright sun/heat here in SoCal.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
I have used Both Red Max Pro and ZEP wet look on my Rig. Neither have yellowed . I also used the same products on a boat .they worked wonderfully on the Hull sides but peeled off on the BowDeck.I attributed that to the extremely bright Sunshine we were getting In the weeks following the application.

Years ago I used Poly Glow on another rig which worked about the same.
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

atsrmf
Explorer
Explorer
No, it doesn't yellow at all, and I live where the sun can get really intense. No cracking, either.

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting. Does it yellow at all in the sun, the way that RedMaxPro does?
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the recommendation.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad