cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toilet replacement

two_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
We have had issues with our thetford toilet over the last year. First, the pedal mechanism broke. When it was replaced, the seal was also replaced. Well the seal did not hold water despite letting the pedal slam back. Figured a bad seal and repalced and still have the same problem. Perhaps it's time for a new toilet. Any recommedations on the best one? Don't need a porcelin bowl for the RV.
5 REPLIES 5

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
Go with the 320 porcelain. 310's have very hard to change ball seal. I have the t-shirt.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
Go with the 320 porcelain. 310's have very hard to change ball seal. I have the t-shirt.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
You're really shorting yourself by not considering the Dometic toilets, 310, 320 models. .....porcelain models or not.....
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I changed out our throne to an Thetford Bravura. It has a larger base which makes it more stable.
The unit is set up to fit most bolt patterns without modification.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I might not be much help since I replaced mine with a porcelin one. It was pretty simple and took about an hour at most to install. Mine was a Dometic. It had been sitting a month and I checked it today and it still had water in it.