cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiffin service - WOW!

Winnipeg
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a new 2017 Tiffin last fall. There were many little (and medium sized) problems that we identified during the first 2 months and we booked it into the dealer's repair shop to (hopefully) get EVERYTHING fixed.

It didn't happen. The dealer had it for months and made very little progress and didn't do a good job on the things they "fixed".

I called Tiffin to inquire about how to resolve it. They immediately transferred me to Bob Tiffin (yes, the founder / CEO). He personally arranged for a different (non-dealer) repair shop to finish up the repairs.

This is our 4th RV, we always buy new and there are always things to fix on a new RV. And, (in our experience) it has always been a huge challenge trying to get dealers to fix things. But, I never had "Mr. Winnebago" or "Ms. Thor" help me out.

We heard tales like this before we bought a Tiffin. We never completely believed that an RV manufacturer would be so helpful. The stories are true!
21 REPLIES 21

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
So the real question is "Why don't they build it right the first. I had a company pick up our NEW rig drive it to thew factory and then fly us to the factory to pick it up and even paid for the fuel for the home trip.

Our DSDP came to use with very minor issues that were fixed as part of the D&D.
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

two_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
Well it's interesting to hear the good things about Tiffin and Newmar. We had a Newmar BayStar that was nothing but problems from day 1. Over the course of the year and a half we had it, we were back to the dealer 4 times and the factory once. When the full wall slide mechanism failed on trip we'd had enough and traded it in. Not one trip did we go on that I did not have to call dealer or Newmar to fix. Most issues were terribly poor workmanship. I wrote numerous letters and got no satisfaction. Finally when we sold it, I wrote another letter this time to the president. We got a call from the head service man. I asked why after all this time do I get a call from someone wanting to help. No answer.

Bruce_Brown
jplante4 wrote:

And I'll bet your Vectra costs more than my 20 year old Sahara, so you should send ME your buckets of money. 😛

Staying within your budget is smart especially with a family. We only had 2 kids and the best we could do was a tent and a station wagon (what people in my generation drove instead of a mini-van).

My point was related to service. When you buy a high end coach you expect (and presumably get) excellent service. That's not usually the case when you buy the lowest priced unit on the CW lot.

I would hope the service you receive from a company would be more of a culture issue vs price, but you're probably right! :B

A friend of mine recently bought a new Dutch Star. He had 2 minor issues, both while camping. He called Newmar for assistance. The first one was an issue with his satellite, they walked him through it on the phone as it was a set-up error, not a system problem. The second was an issue with his steps. Newmar apologized for him having any issues and sent a service tech to his campsite to fix it.

I wish every manufacturer would take a few lessons on customer service. It's really not that hard to do the right thing.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
pryoclastic wrote:
jplante4 wrote:
.. people are buying the cheapest unit they can get...
That would be me!! I have a wife and four kids getting it done on a single household income stream. We have a ton of fun in our Vectra, but please feel free to contact me offline as to where you can send your spare buckets of money.

I will also accept delivery of any unused Tiffin coaches.

😛

And I'll bet your Vectra costs more than my 20 year old Sahara, so you should send ME your buckets of money. 😛

Staying within your budget is smart especially with a family. We only had 2 kids and the best we could do was a tent and a station wagon (what people in my generation drove instead of a mini-van).

My point was related to service. When you buy a high end coach you expect (and presumably get) excellent service. That's not usually the case when you buy the lowest priced unit on the CW lot.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Bob Tiffin does not handle everything. He has some good people who can handle issues as well.

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had I known that Newmar's bumper-to-bumper warranty was "not exactly", I would've done something different. For sure, there were specific positive reasons I bought Newmar. But, I found out that my definition of "all fiberglass roof" was different than Newmar's. The interesting thing is that it didn't take long for them to change to my version (too late for me). So, Bob Tiffin must be a truly outstanding person.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

pryoclastic
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:
.. people are buying the cheapest unit they can get...
That would be me!! I have a wife and four kids getting it done on a single household income stream. We have a ton of fun in our Vectra, but please feel free to contact me offline as to where you can send your spare buckets of money.

I will also accept delivery of any unused Tiffin coaches.

😛
2011 Sightseer 35J
1995 Vectra 34RA

hipower
Explorer
Explorer
Always enjoy hearing the stories of how Bob solved many people's problems. There are many and nearly all have happy endings. I can only wonder who will fill Bob's shoes?

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
old guy wrote:
you get Mr T involved and that dealer will loose his license to sell or service Tiffin's

What makes you qualified to state this?????? NEVER HAS HAPPENED. Doug(working on Tiffin's for almost 40 years)

Winnipeg
Explorer
Explorer
OP here. Nice to hear so many similar stories.

Just to clarify, I didn't have to "get the big guy involved" to get help. I was not satisfied with the dealer, so I called Tiffin and told the person who answered that I have a problem and I don't know who to talk to. Without hesitation, she said "I will put you through to Bob". I had no idea it would be Bob Tiffin.

Bob personally called the new shop to pre-arrange my service appointment. Amazing.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
you get Mr T involved and that dealer will loose his license to sell or service Tiffin's

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
Tiffin, Entegra and Newmar are the top 3 for service support. In fact, we tried to look at a tiffin when we shopped for this coach. At 10% off, the NC dealer could keep it..and he did as it sat on his lot about a year.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
The Life Rebooted couple bought a new Tiffin and documented the whole build in their blog. After it was done and painted, they were looking at the video and discovered that the slide was installed crooked. Tiffin ended up replacing the slide completely and repainting that side.

Meanwhile back at the local RV dealer, people are buying the cheapest unit they can get...
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Tntman
Explorer
Explorer
Just can't please everyone. This owner had a problem with a dealer, Bob resolved the problem. If you owned any other coach, he would NOT get a call from the CEO or owner. I have been giving credit to Tiffin since we picked up our 2003 Phaeton because Bob treats his customers great. If your ever in Red Bay, go to the office and visit with Bob, what a fantastic gentleman.
ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST,
Mike, Jill and our dog Goshe
Our Booger dog is with us in a custom urn, miss ya Boogs
2003 Tiffin Phaeton, Roadmaster tow products, 2016 Jeep Cherokee
Good Sam, SKP, FMCA F292654